Can i stop growth?

I have a really good healthy plant but it keeps getting taller. Right now its about 6 foot tall and growing more every day. I only turn my grow light on for 8 to 10 hours a day but its still growing. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to stop it from getting taller?

Pic,type,age,indoor? Take it outside our time travel to trim it back when you should have. Sounds like a good problem to have. Make some clones.

2 Likes

Pics would be helpful. Or a bit more background info. Ill assume you’ve been flowering the plant but it has stretched more than you were prepared for.

You could try some supercropping to knock the height down. If you have buds set already, you’ll have to weigh the risk: some stress to the plant and likely lower yield, vs a plant that’s getting away from you and can’t be managed anymore.

In the future, don’t let it get more than 1/3-1/2 of your available height before switching to flower. When you switch to flower they’ll “bolt” (like lettuce) and they’ll double or even triple in size.

Next time you could try to manage the stretch thru training so the plant is distributing its energy to several tops. Also get it under higher light intensity to keep the internodal spacing shorter.

if going outdoors is an option, thats what i would do…

If not in flowering,as suggested,take clones. Otherwise tie that b***h down to the side and max out your bud sites. Im doing that with a sativa dead end that tried getting away from me! I said “no you dont!”.

1 Like