Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

Hi there, this is Jack and also the first time growing MJ, I am growing Northern lights autoflower and i had a very poor germ rate of 25% (4pack) and ended up only having one plant.

I made a “super” soil with berger potting mix, alfalfa meal,kelp meal, epsom salt, a small amount of clean wood ashes and a nice heap of organic home made compost. Then I let it cook for about a month stiring it every 4 days to make sure its all properly mixed and cooked.

I put in the germinated seed 3cm down and it took about 5 days to come out of the soil and looked great at the start and now it seems to be having some(i think) burning issues could anyone help me with possibly correcting this?

2 Likes

Maybe to much nutrients; try flushing. Maybe lighting, to close to the plant. What kind of lighting do you have?

3 Likes

I have a 300watt Marshydro LED that they discontinued. It is currently 26 inches away.

1 Like

@JackRabbit I had some LED 300 watt. They were all color no white. They damaged mine like that.

1 Like

Bro I can tell u that’s not light burn, it more closely resembles nute burn

2 Likes

Most likely nute burn. Flush with water PHed to 6.5 or so. RO/DI or distilled water would be best. By flush I mean water it till water flows freely through the soil. If you can get a pic with some white light on it for us. Those burple lights will grow but not as well as a good white light in the right spectrum.

How did you germinate your seeds? What steps/process did you use?.

1 Like

Your soil too acidic and you have to be careful using potash. Do you have a soil meter to check the pH? Correction requires agricultural lime, calcium carbonate and dolomite lime (check mag level first), or calcium mag carbonate. Make sure the check the pH first though because if your soil mag level is fine and you add dolomite, then you will have soil compaction problems.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I put the seeds in a moist paper towel on the top and bottom and put it on paper plate and put it on top of one of my heated germ mats for my regular garden seeds.

I flushed just over 2 liters of water from the soil the water was nostly clear from the beginning but i used it to water my other house plants, this is the picture of it under normal light.

1 Like

It looks like nute burn. How do the rest of the leaves feel? I normally do not plant into my super soil until they are a few weeks old.

How much are you watering them? Amount and frequency?

1 Like

Keep in mind if waters ph isn’t correct you may also throw off the ph of your soil…get a medium ph checker. If u don’t address a bad medium ph your soil can become Alcoline. If not fixed, no nutrients or flushing will matter. Good luck keep us posted.

3 Likes

Most probably nute burn. She looks like she will pull through. Make sure you know the ph of your soil and water. The cheapest way is the aquarium dropper kits, decent PH pens are not cheap. You can use it for both the soil and your water. Ypu can get the PH dropper set at any pet store and some walmarts. You will need distilled water for testing the soil.

As for germination, the best/safest method I have found is to wrap the seed in a moist paper towel and place inside a zip bag, it keeps the moisture in. You may try soaking the seed for a few hours before you put it in the towel.

1 Like

Seedlings need little or no nutrients. They contain all the energy they need to sprout and grow the first few sets of leaves. Next time, use a specialized seed-starting soil, I use Miracle Gro Organic Seed Starter, short money from Home Depot or Lowes. This will support the seedling until it has 5-pointed leaves. At that time, you can transplant, retaining the starter soil ball, into nutrient-rich soil. The starter soil ball will act as a buffer, letting the little girl acclimate to the richer new environment. Good luck rescuing this one, but don’t get your hopes up for a great plant. Infant trauma lasts a lifetime.

2 Likes

Yea bro, the autos r easy and quick, but the downside is ur margin for error is much much lower than with photos

1 Like