Cal-Mag to my ph adjusted water

Hi there new grower ,

Do I need to add Cal-Mag to my ph adjusted water? My tds meter saids my water is at 0.03 and my water is RO water( reverse osmosis ). Do I need to get it up to 100 to 150 ppm on my tds meter with Cal-Mag ? I am using fox farm Ocean soil and my nutrients I am going to use when it starts flowering has calcium in it also. Thanks

2 Likes

@Jearm welcome to the forum. It’s always beneficial to remineralize ro or distilled water to avoid micronutrient issues. I personally use a mix of calmag, molasses, and liquid kelp to a tds of between 200-300. It covers almost all the micros you will need that are lost from purifying and distilling water plus a bit of a macro boost to potassium.

4 Likes

Question - do you think the Molasses gives enough calcium, mag and sulfur?

2 Likes

@Mrb53004 yes I do, at least with most plants. Some are just hungry for calmag though so I always add a little just to be safe.

2 Likes

Thanks Any recommendation would be appreciated thank you

@Jearm what would you like recommendations for? Calmag brand? Kelp brand? Molasses brand?

2 Likes

Recommendations for Cal mag and Kelp? I guess I should’ve told you what I was growing I am growing in the spring blue amnesia auto and grapefruit auto. I tried last year growing gorilla glue and it did not work very well. Thanks for your help

2 Likes

@Jearm for calmag I use the vegamatrix boost and for liquid kelp I use GS Plant foods organic. For molasses it varies on what I can find but I try to stick with earth juice mfp if I can’t find that I get a good organic brand of black strap molasses.

1 Like

Hi @MDBuds I’m trying to reveg my GDP. Read they need increase Nitrogen. Using Botanicare, gave 1st feeding after harvest, gave amount for 1 week of veg, is there anything else I should use for Nitrogen??

Thanks & have a good one

1 Like

Welcome @Jearm glad you found the forum. @MDBuds has got you some very solid advice already. Post pics and keep us updated on your new grow.

1 Like

Should I wait to start this regiment after she starts flowering (blue amnesia auto)? She will be in Foxfarm ocean potting soil.

@Jearm you can start it whenever you want. I use it seed to harvest.

Thank you for all your help

1 Like