Bruce Banner Fast Version

Should I start my Bruce Banner fast version in its final pot like an autoflower or should I do some transplants?

3 Likes

Eh, ppl do it both ways, I do it both ways lol…just depends on u man

3 Likes

@moab1179 I personally prefer to start any fast or auto strain in their final pot even if I’m running a perpetual grow. It saves time and money on soil even though it takes up a bit of extra space in the veg tent before it gets put in the flower tent.

4 Likes

@moab1179 Welcome to the forum and we are glad to have ya! I agree with MDBuds go with the final pot amd save that cash! Happy Growing

4 Likes

I only have one closet to grow in so I put mine in the final container right from the germination then there’s no chance of damaging them during transplanting and they have all the Room they need to grow up healthy during the veg stage and get those roots out there. And welcome to the forum @

2 Likes

I like starting ALL my seedlings in 36mm peat pods. It gives me greater control over my environment. Then I can either place that right in a final or a transplant container depending on what is happening

1 Like

Even your autoflowers

1 Like

Everything. I start everything the exact same way. I have never seen any plant affected by starting this way. I can tell when there is a problem way before they hit the final medium. When something is wrong, I can see it right about first to second set of leaves. There are times the embryonic leaves (those first ROUND leaves that sprout) foretell a genetic issue before you go any further.
I do not move my plants to their final medium until I have reached minimum 3 nodes. Then I decide if it goes right in its resting place, like auto’s, or into a 5" peat cup for continued training (my goal is always 8 colas and 5 nodes before it goes to it’s final growing medium). Auto’s I hardly ever touch ( I like 3 gal for them). I have found (at least to me, everyone is different) that it is not worth my time, effort and expense to do anything but put them right into their final growing medium. The differences I see in my return does not outweigh things. I usually only grow auto’s in the winter. Fems in the spring. ALL OUTDOOR (all seedling start inside). 40-50L pots (about a dozen), 5 or 6 right into my garden along with my veggies. I make my own soil (organic mulch, peat, vermiculite, perlite, sometime cocoa and some nutes (Mag, calc, happyfrogs organic 6-4-5). I use tea to water and add sugar (malt barley or molasses) just before flowering. I never have to fertilize during growth. It has to do with taste and how the buds burn for me. I have used nutes before during the entire process (ph my water, use specific nutes for specific times, ro system, etc.) That did give me great returns but is was a shit ass tone of work and after years, burnt me out. Now I grow for the love of it and purity with simplicity. KISS (keep it simple stupid) It was easy for me to get stupid, I love this stuff, all of it
Every grower has something that, over time, works for them. ROI - return on investment. I get great satisfaction but eventually it is about the end product.

3 Likes

I start mine in paper towel then I put in pods then i put in 5gal buckets no transplanting when started in the pods they do great

2 Likes

I also use the pods when cloneing they work great for it too

2 Likes

I stopped using paper towels because sometimes the emerging tails get caught up in the fibers of the paper towel. That is why I use unbleached coffee filters. I use a piece of paper towel to absorb the water and layer my seeds between the filters. They DON’T stick

1 Like

Thats good ideal coffee filters

1 Like

Has any tried Kyle Kushmans vegamatrix recipe. If so did

u use any ph up or down to adjust?

1 Like

@moab1179 as Kyle Kushman loves to say in his videos “there’s no need to ph with vegamatrix.”

I’ve used some supplementally like the boost and prime zyme just for micronutrients. I tested the water ph after adding it and aerating it and it’s usually between 6 and 6.5 with the light feedings I do.

2 Likes

I’ve also used the indica flower recipe on one of my plants just to test it out and the ph on that was around 6 as well.

2 Likes

Whats a good pot size to plant height ratio? For a 4ft plant, what size pot should I use, in gallons?

I’d use a 3 to 5 gallon fabric pot indoor. Outdoor I would use 5 to 7.

Which is better, using inline duct fan for exhaust or intake?

Yes that’s what I use .i have 6inch for exhaust and 4inch for intake and it works great no problems

Whats the problem here?