Brown, dried buds

I think I’m real close to harvest, using the 30/70 brown to white trichrome mixture. I’m getting some dried up, brown sections in the colas, some on the tips and some internal of the bud. What causes that? I’m watering every other day and it hasn’t rained in over a week. I had a worm problem that I remedied.

Thanks for any insight.

1 Like

Possibly this, more pics needed. Happy growing! How to Stop Botrytis on Cannabis (Bud Rot, Gray Mold) - Mold Resistant Strains

1 Like

unfortunately looks like maybe bud rot, can you easily wipe or pull the brown portion off with your finger? tough season for outdoor growing ‘’ in the northeast at least’’. between all the rain & worms i had some loss.

1 Like

Yes, falls right off when touched. Should I harvest early?

1 Like

I’ll post a couple more. Thinking I shiuld just harvest this weekend.

1 Like

DO NOT CONSUME! Bud rot is a mold and it will, not can, make anyone who uses the product ill
Get it far away from healthy buds…get in there and clean it out

3 Likes

you can look real close foe little caterpillars , they are well camoflaged, i harvested a couple a bit early due to this, i now have a resident preying mantis in my garden, has been there for a week, ill try to post a pic.

3 Likes

:v: 5th Generation

5 Likes

A clear indication of caterpillar damage. Cut off the offending flower cluster and dissect it you will find caterpillar poop, you may need to dig deep to find the worm. Let the rest of the plant finish as usual. The trick is to observe your plants and catch it early. Cut the bad stuff off and let her finish. For caterpillars, I have used BT up until 2 weeks before harvest with no ill effects and do a 3 step wash before drying.

Healthy G13 about 5 weeks into flower.

Same plant but this flower looks to be noticeably browner. I let it go for 2 more days this top died. I snipped it off and sure enough, I found the worm.

She was harvested on Sept 14 and dried to 7oz of smokeable flower and 3 oz of trim.

5 Likes

@RandomNirvana :v::slightly_smiling_face: Reap a nice Harvest

1 Like

You are spot on with your advice. It is caterpillars. I had the same thing happen to my outside grow and found out after finding the culprits. Nice advice @RandomNirvana

2 Likes

I got one: