Broken stalk mean DOA?

GG x Lemon Haze 6 weeks from finish, torrential rains left a stalk broke just below where a FIM topping left a three-way stem junction. I’m thinking the 2/3 of 7’-0" plant that has broken off is compost, but is there anything I can do to seal off the remaining hollow stalk so the (once) lower branches have a chance at la vida? I’ve done branch separation repairs (splits) with no issues previously, a 3/4" diameter stalk break maybe not so much…

• Thanks in advance for any wisdom…

I had a similar break and literally put a splint on it, it “calloused” up and recovered nicely was able to remove splint and is now flowering nicely…maybe I just got lucky…the area of break now looks like a golf ball…

1 Like

If you do splint it as per @BCJC put some aloe or honey on the wound. If you don’t splint it, put some aloe or honey on the wound.

Happy growin’!

I had something like that and put liquid bandage on it, Nu Skin iitc. It worked.

I had a Plant this year that broke a limb almost all the way off due to bud size. I used a zip tie to tie it to the main stalk and it’s fine one month later

1 Like