Best strains for a beginner

I have not bought any seeds yet. My question is, would Black Hulk or Blue Widow be a good choice to start with??[date=2021-02-10 timezone=“America/Arizona”

2 Likes

I was looking at the Blue Widow myself. She’s a beauty.

1 Like

HCC has whole section of beginner strains

https://homegrowncannabisco.com/easiest-strains-to-grow

Anything with Afghani lineage would probably do good in a desert environment like AZ. Black Hulk would be a better choice of the two. Browse the beginner strains and look for Indica or Indica dominate hybrids.

2 Likes

Oh yea it’s nice, but I like my smoke to put me on my Azz! And also @Old-stoner62 It says in the descriptions if there recommended for beginners, I tend to lean towards ease of grow bc I’m a procrastinator and heavy yielding strains bc I only do 1 or 2 at a time…may I ask what type of grow setup ur starting off with?

2 Likes

Thank you for the correction, My Friend. I should really read things three times before responding.

1 Like

Are you planning to grow Outdoors in Indoors? I am next door in NV, and if you have the soaring heat like we do, then there are things to consider.
If you are tent growing, any BEGINNER strain works. Intermediate and above require some skill and finagling…Maybe later. There are enough strains that you do not have to step up to that level now
Next, what are you looking for as far as a strain goes…Quick, tall, short, cerebral, body buzz, couch lock, energetic…there are many things to consider before choosing a strain
Environment - If tent growing, HEIGHT is a MAJOR consideration

So, Please start at the start line and we can get you to the finish line a winner…Let us help you by understanding you. Then we can take step 2. From one old stoner to another…there are a lot of us here

Welcome to our little part of thew world.

2 Likes

@Eggs :v: 29% GG # 4 Works Nice

GIF_20210210_121405

1 Like

What about Black Hulk? Are either of these 2 good to start out with? Suffer from ptsd and mdd/phycotic featers?

1 Like

Hey mike, i’m planning on
An outdoor grow. Would prefer short bushy high yield very sticky pungent head and body buzzz. A combination of indo and satvia. A sturdy plant in 5 gallon. Something to distress. Ptsd and the mdd kick my ass on a daily basis. My elevation is between 2 and 3 thousand ft

1 Like

Lean towards the Indica heavy strains for bushy or just go with GG4…I have my seeds popping now for estimated “IN THE YARD” by mid march. They will be tent raised till then. I start in 1 gal cloth and they can stay there for 1-2 mos easily, then transplant to my yard. Getting my garden and containers ready now…temps are rising (night) and crocus have bloomed. My bulbs are sprouting…

1 Like

Well almost have all my stuff to get going. I wanted to ask, what do you think about Gold leaf and Rosenberg Femitized seeds for a beginner as well??

Gold leaf is a great strain and easy to grow outdoors but can be tricky indoors. Rosenberg? I do not know that strain
If you are thinking Rosenthal, it grows tall. It is a sativa dominant strain.
Beginners should grow things that: grow the same height, like the same amendments, require similar handling, nutrition.
Start with : what do you like in strains…what effects
what environment do you have so you know what it supports / lends itself to making growing easier, not harder
What equipment do you have ( tent, room, dimensions, light/s, soil or hydro)
For beginners, I recommend…Gelato, Girl Scout Cookie, Kush, White Widow…but then you have to like the effects of Indica dominant strains
What do you like, what can you handle and what can you handle and lastly, what do you expect? Then you can decide what do you grow