Best PH for watering soil

I was wondering what the best ph for soil watering would be. I’m seeing a range from 5.6 to 6.8.
Is it better to be closer to 6.8 or to 5.6???

Hi Danster!

Welcome to HGCC!

I found a link for you regarding this subject. You can find it here:

If you have more questions, it’s helpful, I have found to do a search by clicking the magnifying glass in the top right corner, next to the three dashes next to your icon. Other than that, if you have tried these methods and you still need help, everyone here is pretty great at getting to you in a timely fashion.

What is it you are growing? I look forward to seeing your grow. :smile: :v:

1 Like

Do you think ocean farm would be better then happy frog.???

I’m not sure as I blend my own soil and amendments. Really, I am a person who learns by doing and knowledge from other growers. I use FoxFarm as part of my process and I’ve never had an issue. Normally if I encounter any problems, it’s my fault vs the soil/amendments. I think really it’s up to preference and what it is you are growing and what you are comfortable with.

I prefer happy frog, then and amendments during the grow. OF is hot compared to HF, and I like to give my seedlings the best chances early and add the nutrients as needed myself, but its entirely up to you and how you wanna grow.

2 Likes

And ALWAYS ph your water, even half way through your watering, I stop and check it again. Ph is one of those things that can REALLY affect your plant quickly.

2 Likes

And @Danster welcome to the forum. Lots of information to absorb and things to see. Glad you found us.

1 Like

The plants will take nutrients between 5.5 and 6.5. There are some charts out there that show what nutrients the plant absorbs at different PH levels. I grow DWC and I found that 5.8 works good for me. If you are way up or way down. Mix up some ph water and flush the plant till the run off ph is the same as what you put in. If you have a lock out you can mix in 1 cup of peroxide with your 1 gal of flush. It will clean your roots. Just make sure you flush it all out.

2 Likes