Autos Initial Seed Planting Cups or These?

BAM – thank you for helping so much. If my 1st grow goes well, you’ll be one of the reasons why.

1 Like

Question on the pods. I just planted but fear my pods are too wet. After soaking, should I have squeezed water out? Argh, I’m stressing and it’s just day 1 :crazy_face:

just planted needs explanation. Did you just place a germinated seed (with a tap root) in a peaty pod? Did you have a peat pod growing a plant that was ready to transplant to a larger pot?
#1 - a tap root…in a peat pod. Peat will usually let the excess water drain from the substrate so little danger in it being too wet. I do not SQUEEZE them but I do let them drink water till full then remove water and let sit a day before moving the seed to the pod. If germinating, a dome is usual in the case of sprouting and again, excess water will usually drain out
#2 - if you are transplanting a pod with a seedling, unless you have drenched the container it is going in to, that will “WICK” the excess water out of the pod

1 Like

The first option. The pods have drained well. One see already coming up 6 hours after placing germed seed in the pod.

2 Likes

this looks perfect. If it were too wet, you would see water pooling at the base of the pod. When my germies are this young, I cover with a clear dome (clear plastic or glass cups work well also) until the plants are about 2 weeks old, then remove and pretty much they are ready for transplanting / placing in a larger container.

1 Like

I think cups are easier to deal with. You only mess with one plant at a time and can leave them in longer to develop a nice root structure. Just transplanted mine today at 18 days growth.

@Lynyrdsky The pods has root enhancer in them starts good root system and once you see them peeping out straight in grow medium and it’s on

That’s the plan. They’re in a dome. But, I wasn’t able to keep the humidity up very high last night even though temp in done is 82. It got very cold outside and temp in room outside done at 68-70. Any suggestions?

If the temp is 82F. what was the rh that made you say you weren’t able to keep it up. What was / is the rh? Are your lights on 24/7 for the seedlings or are you tuning them off?
I leave my lights (i have lights just for germinating) on 24/7 for at least 2-3 weeks. When they get the 3rd node, I cut back. Auto - 20/4, photo 18/6
If the rh is at least 72%. or close, you are ok if the temps are 78+. Even at 62%rh, they will grow, it just is not the best but remember, these are weeds and the important stage is Vegging - from about 3rd week to 8th. That is when you want to be spot on. When you move in to flower, then you try to maximize the potency, not growth

I figured it out. RH was down to 67. I sprayed the plants lightly and walls of dome. Back up to 85 RH. Lights on 24.

So now, temps between 78 - 81, RH 80 - 85

Three up and happy on day 2. But one lost one of it’s first leaves with seed. Is that an issue. First real leaves showing.

1 Like

time will tell, just let them grow for now

1 Like