Autos are they male or female?

Hello all! Just got my first grow going. Silly question probably… are autoflowers all female? Or does it matter? I haven’t seen a lot of talk about it in my internet travels but it’s something that popped in my head and now can’t find an answer.

Thanks!

1 Like

@RYANAZAUDIO i don’t grow autos but know a few that do :v: Quote: Some autos take up to 6 weeks to start flowering but generally start sexing and flowering around week four.

2 Likes

Auto’s are generally female but MALES DO OCCUR. DollarBill is correct about flower time.

3 Likes

I tried autos for the first time last year. It may be the place I buy seeds from but almost every seed bank offers feminized, regular & autoflowers. The autos NEVER state they’re feminized autos. I don’t know why they don’t state the autos are femmed. Likely cuz they’re NOT feminized. I tossed 10 white widow auto seeds into a garden. Granted I only checked on them maybe once a month but I found 2 of the 8 seeds that germinated were male. Not checking often enough, I wasn’t able to pull the males in time but I did end up with a couple thousand bucks ( seed bank prices) in white widow auto seeds.

2 Likes

@Mrb53004 that was some @MDBuds Wisdom i put out there

3 Likes

It is not the place you buy seeds from, it is mother nature, genetics and environmental. Auto’s are GENERALLY female but MALES occur. Laws of average. We always have to watch for males sacs, even on female plants, unless we are breeding
Did you sell your seeds to a seed bank? Would like to know if you did and HOW you arranged that

1 Like

@Mrb53004 Nothing in Growing Weed is for sure. This was a nannerator i switched it back to female

1 Like

You know how I feel about kaleidoscope images, right? Very soothing to me.

@kmac03 coyote by our chicken coop, i’m out bye

2 Likes

You sound like me the other day good luck

Thanks all. The seed bank I get auto seeds from only offers feminized auto seeds. So should be good to go.

The girls are looking good so far!

I do not know of anyone, personal or seedbank or breeder, who has MALE autoflower seeds. That does not mean you cannot get one, it is just highly unlikely. I know you CAN buy autoflower REGULAR (not fem), and that usually used to mean 50/50 male/female

Copy that. Good to know!