Autoflower stretching, is this normal?

I’ve definitely learned my lesson about the strength of diesels. Next time I will have no fear treating this girl a little rougher. She’s handled all the abuse I’ve thrown at her with charm. She’s even handled some aggressive defoliation and there’s zero signs of hermaphroditism. Just thick, sticky colas. :green_heart::green_heart::seedling: Her are some more recent shots of her.

6 Likes

in darkness now, drying area is set up & ready to go.

1 Like

Gorgeous plants! :metal::star_struck:I have no more words, I can now pass “Go.”

looking great tim, my next indoor grow will be auto’s…

chop down day!

2 Likes

Are you doing a reveg here? Is this a photo? or just “in the process of”

process of, that was the last branch on the 1st plant.

Nice wood on the walls.

2 Likes

Thank You kmac03, that was all winter /early spring project.

1 Like

You’re welcome! Beautiful emerald plants you create, too. :star_struck::v:

well i ended up with nanners on 1 of the buds on the unknown plant in the tent, it pollinated the 2 ww that were in with it, the scrog trellis netting prevented me from seeing the backs of the plants, i wouldnt try this method again unless maybe i had more access to the rear & sides of the tent, never saw the nanner bunch till dry trimming, i noticed that plant had the most seeds, & when searching i only found nanners on 1 bud, so now i have lots of seeds from the unknown x ww, would these at least be feminized? im going to make hash with 90% of it…

1 Like

I’m by no means an expert but my understanding is seeds made by hermaphroditism are no good. They will carry a strong genetic likely hood to herm themselves and will carry that herm genetic through future generations. So sorry man :cry:

1 Like

@mikes yeah they’ll be mostly female just like rodelization or making fem seeds but there’s a small chance you might get a male in the batch.

2 Likes

not the end of the world, i took this plant from a friend as it was destroyed by his cat, he asked me to save it & raise it for a share of the yield, it looked like a celery stalk when i got it, i did save it, but i think maybe that early stress may have caused the nanners, too bad as it was a real nice looking plant as it grew & matured, i had planned on making hash with this harvest anyways, so its not a total loss, i tried some after drying & both the ww & unknown got me very high.

1 Like

ill trade these seeds with my brother in law, i think he has a few auto seeds left…he is having a very hard time with seedlings anyway. ‘’ thick headed know it all’’…I tried to get him on this forum to help him learn something, but he already knows everything & he blames all his troubles on bad seeds… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

@mikes there are a lot of folks like that. Especially when transitioning from photos to autos. They don’t understand the soil needs of autos and end up drowning them or killing them with nutes treating them like photos.

3 Likes

Funny you should mention photos to autos. It seems I have been missing a few seed orders from where I used to live. I’ve been secretly laughing wondering at who got my seeds because I’ve been seeing complaints about certain phenos. You know me, I rarely buy autos since I’m such a novice at them. Regardless, if a person didn’t know the difference I could see where that might make others unhappy. Don’t you? All that waiting. :joy::rofl:

i gave him 20-30 seeds & told him there has to be at least a few good ones in there…

2 Likes

Has he ever grown before? If so, like @MDBuds said, there is a learning curve as I have found. Autos require more of my patience than I like.

he says he has grown before, last year he was trying to give me advice on my outdoor grow, it was bad advice as he told me all 4 of my plants must be male because they are too big & only male plants get that big…guess everyone learns their own way… :shushing_face:

2 Likes