Autoflower questions on trimming and temp

hi,your girl’s look really beautiful! I’m striving for the same thing ,I just got some of the liquid kelp I have some unsulphered molasses (that i use for baking ,not the type that’s sold in a garden shop) I used it for one watering .I have garden type molasses coming from amazon on tues till then would you reccomend ,waiting till i get it or make up a bucket of molasses (the kind i have on hand) n liquid kelp now ? also how much should i use of each ?

1 Like

hi,another question about the worm castings tea ,I have the liquid kelp & food grade molasses unsulphered (I have plant grade molasses coming on tues.) I don’t have any type of air pump so w/ out aeration how much would you suggest I use of molasess n kelp for a 5 gal. bucket of 6.5 ph water & how many banana slice’s or peels or both? the girls are almost at 5 week’s (from seed ) give or take a couple day’s I’m using COM soil & haven’t given any nutes other than whats in their soil .I’ll be adding in their watering’s the kelp n molasses worm tea should i add or not do anything else ?I am going to try n up load a couple pic’s of a couple of my girls ,a couple of them have weird (to me) yellowing on the leaves which they seem to develope when they start to flower when their in veg. they look nice n green ,it’s just the way the yellow is on the leaves that look’s strange,thnx !

this is a pic of the leaf / leaves on my girl ( 1 other has the same type of strange yellow leaves) I’m wondering if I should be adding type of organic nutes to the COM soil? also one of my girls seems to be wilty looking she’s not dry ,she had a good drink of worm tea ,wondering why she looks so sad n wilty ? I meant to add that the when the yellow starts it looks like yellow dots then it looks like that (see pic) thnx again any thought’s?O.K. so i just looked up what it might be & I think it could be lacking mag.any thought’s on what i should do? I’m growing organicly .

Looks like it needs cal/mag. For Molasses… I would go 1/2-1 Tbsp per gallon. TPS makes a good organic cal/mag plus other micro nutes in it. I am going to be using it for my autos only.

It also looks potassium deficient to me the way the edges are also starting to go.

That’s why I say a ways up… When I start seeing signs of deficiency I flush, and feed a complete broad spectrum feed appropriate for the stage the plant is in and water it in with a microbe soup.

The way your nutrient line was set up initially, you will be chasing your tail. One deficiency leading to another and so on…

Flush it and throw the kitchen sink at it and make sure your basis are covered… That’s what I would do.

So to recap the steps I would take… (and my plants were in week 3-4 of flower)

1. I would flush at least a gallon or two of clean water out the bottom… Probably on a sunny day so I could do it outside and she’d dry fast.

2. Top dress with 3tbsp/ Gallon of 2-8-4 (Gaia, Down to earth, etc.). Since these nutrients will take time to break down also include 4-6 TBSP/Gallon of Worm Castings in the top dress as the plant needs the food now and its better than feeding an interim of synthetic nutes…

3. Make my microbe tea - Kelp 5ml/gal, Molasses 1tbsp/gal. (I use straight well water aerated)

4. Include 5ml/Gal of additional cal/mag (the TPS with other micros is what im using). Water it in with no run off. Some may come out the sides of the bag and that’s fine let the bottom soak it up.

5. Water it every two days with no run of including 2-3 ML/Gal of TPS organic cal/mag for a week… About 1/3 - 2/3 gallon for a 5 gallon pot depending on soil texture. Then go to 5ml/gal once per week.

You will need to feed the microbes regularly. If you keep the soil moist like this you can probably do the tea or recharge every 10 days. If you are wet-to-dry waterer, I would be addressing microbes every watering.

1. In a 5 gallon pot will probably need to put another 1/2 feeding in the soil by mid week 5 to get them through stacking and then just let them finish.

hi thnx for taking a look at my poor girl,I didn’t know you could flush “a super soil” since the nutes are in the soil & not watered in? as for the cal-mag I have a bottle of ca-mag plus ( from my previous photo grow) can I use that ? along w/ the worm / kelp tea? & does it mater if i don’t use a air pump to aerate my tea & how much banana peels or banana pieces do i add for the tea ( 5 gal.bucket) could you elaborate on “flush & throw the kitchen sink at it” thank you for ur advice / tips .

sorry bout that, I didn’t read further down on your posting to see the detailed direction’s . :grinning:

Anything can be diluted with water flush. Anytime water is coming out the bottom of the pot, nutrients are coming with it and I want to rinse the roots the best I can. Also, I want to make sure the soil is drenched and there are zero dry pockets anywhere especially if ive been watering with no runoff.

I do the flush to cover my basis. Re-feed including providing food that will be immediately available to uptake. Give her a few days and the new growth should look good.

thnx I looked for Gaia on amazon couldn’t find it where do you order it from? sorry, take that back just found it !

Its on there… I just bought a 20kg bag of 2-8-4. They sell it in 10kg and smaller also. Search Gaia Green 2-8-4 and Gaia Green 4-4-4… Lots of options should come up. You can check your local hydro store also… Your local stores are going to be a lot cheaper as that stuff is heavy and costs a lot to ship so Amazon charges a lot. Literally double or more for soil and stuff like that.

yup, found it :sunglasses: it’s in a bundle w/ “glacial rock dust” do I need that?& if I don’t have the means for an air pump to aerate my tea is that alright can I still water w/ it & will it still foam up? and 1 more question how many banana peels/pieces to a 5 gal bucket?

You don’t need the rock dust but if its in the bundle I would take it. Personally I would use a different sweetener than Molasses if I could not aerate it… But that’s just me. I have a friend that doesn’t aerate his molasses and they do fine.

… But, again, if I couldn’t aerate and wanted to feed sweetner… I would consider a product like foop or equivalent which I have used and plants react well. The mycelium network will still like it as will your plants… But by time you buy a jug of plant sweets, you could buy a cheap pump. Aeration and molasses is just a lot more economical than buying sweetners for plants that can just be added to water or nutrient water.

o.k. so you sold me on getting a pump which my husband probely already has so for a 5 gal. bucket how do i rig up this aeration thing? keeping in mind your dealing w/ a direction’s challeged newbie grower , plus i don’t need to buy anymore product then i already have ,heh heh. & how long does the pump stay on in the bucket in the tea ? what about putting fruit / bananas in the tea ? (which i did last mixture of tea,& whoa did it stink!! like puke) Also can i use the cal/mag plus ( it adds iron ) I don’t seem to find just a cal-mag product w/out iron , just a bit confusing :grimacing:

hi do you know of anyone else that sells Gaia amazon has it but it won’t get here ( if i order it tonite) till 7/8/22 I would like it sooner if possible.thnx DISREGARD THIS POSTING I ALREADY ORDERED IT.

I posted that I ordered Gaia 4-4-4 & 2-8-4- also cal-mag from CANNA but it won’t get here till around the 8th or even after.I do have cal-mag w/ iron can i use that untill the other cal-mag order comes, because my girls are getting very yellow ( they are mag. deficient )I don’t want to lose them ADVICE PLEASE on adding cal-mag w/ iron to my girls watering’s along w/ a worm castings & liquid kelp & molasses tea .I"M GROWING IN " super soIl" by COM, so until my order arrives of cal-mag & Gaia 4-4-4- & 2-8-4 I only have cal-mag w/ iron & Castings tea w/ liquid kelp & molasses . PLEASE ADVISE !!!
WHAT CAN I USE NOW