Auto trimming advice?

Hi everyone. I have a question about my first dwc grow. I just started my 7th week now. I am using a rdwc system and I’m also using an 11 part Flora series nutes at 60 percent the suggested chart value. Which that reminds me as a side question;
should I increase to 70 percent next water change??
Ok back to my original question. Early on I did some trimming up till two weeks ago. I also tied a few branches down. Since then just been feeding them. I change out water and clean all the buckets and everything else I can get to every week. I never expected to see these autos get this big. I’m very happy with the way they look and the way the roots look. My question is should I trim this up any now? I do think I’m fixing to start flowering which probably means don’t cut a thing but I wanted to ask other growers with more experience than myself what they thought. I’m doing a grow diary that I’ll post when the grow is complete. Untill then I’m including some pics with this post and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

20210531_074223|375x500](upload://c04k27jwBUw16I8tKVeVBqFXn1w.jpeg)

3 Likes

You are still EARLY BLOOM so I would not change anything…If it ain’t broke, do not fix it. Instead of a chart ONLY, you have to read your plants too. THey do not always fit in to a neat set schedule

Trimming - There are 2 mindsets…do not touch auto, touch auto but never once in flower
I let my plants tell me. Some auto are extremely sensitive and by now, you should know your children. I would be careful as the result of stress could affect flowering but I also would have had the interior defoliated more. A good rule of thumb is never more that 30%…
The reason we defoliate is to get more nutes to the buds. With your Hydro system, looks like nutrition is not a factor at all. You will get some stretch as they move from early to mid flower, that will open up the canopies a little. It is obvious you have good lighting as the solar canopy looks fantastic.
I would leave this grow as is…you could take a few of the very low / interior fans…just a few at a time but I do not think it would accomplish anything for you. Measure the good vs the bad…

2 Likes

Those are some beautiful plants

3 Likes

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. This is my second grow and I really enjoy learning everything I can about it. I didn’t mention in my post this is og kush. I can’t wait to see what these girls will produce in the end. Again really appreciate you

1 Like

Mike is right on the neat set schedule. I use the Biothrive product from the same company.
My Feed chart looks like this:

Some of my ‘weeks’ last 2 or 3!
Tomorrow I feed and I think I move to Mid Bloom, But I’m just guessing.
Each of these 3 could be in different stages but since the portions are the same in Biothrive through the 3 ‘weeks’ of Mid Bloom I got wiggle room:

Good Luck, Monk

2 Likes