Auto Topped at day 10 - FSxPP

Generally with an autoflower I will not top the main stem… For the most part I just let them grow with very little lst. Lots of debate out there about when or if to top autos…

Personally I think it’s okay if the plant is growing perfectly healthy and it is done before day 14… Preferably before then.

Fugue State x Pink Panama Auto - topped 10 days from sprout.

20 days from sprout

In comparison - auto at 12 days from bean drop (9ish from sprout)

Sweet & Sour auto 7 days from bean drop (4ish from sprout)

The latter two I don’t think have robust enough growth for topping.

2 Likes

I fimmed my pineapple express auto yesterday at day 10. This is my 3rd auto. First 2 I didn’t top, just some LST. I’ll follow-up with some LST as well.

1 Like

That should be interesting… never tried to fim an auto :). Definitely update us how it goes.

1 Like

I was reading not to cut more than 75%. Here’s a photo about 18 hrs later! I guess the idea is to stunt the main cola while encouraging lower growth to catch up.

1 Like

Looks like she’s making a nice recovery from the fim… Yes, I generally only top the main stem on an auto… Some strains will have a couple satellites that will stretch up with the main cola and ill top or super crop depending which tent and how much height I have.

Topped Fugue State x Pink Panama - 25 days from germ - The top has recovered well and stretched about 8" since the topping.

All six satellites and the two main stems have all stretched evenly… almost perfectly even. As with the last one… The stems really like to go pinkish/red pretty quick. She has just sexed but has not went into pre-flower but I expect her to within the next 10 days.

Top view with her fans tucked… At this point you have a couple options… Perform LST, Defol some key fans, or keep tucking and let her stretch through it. if at all possible I will gently massage the stems in the direction I want them, keep tucking fans, and let her stretch through it before deciding what to defol.

The comparison seedlings… Deciding still to top or not? What ya think @Lightweight420 ?

Grape Walker Kush Auto - 14 days… She’s pretty healthy and stable genetics so need to decide tomorrow.

Sweet and sour auto - 9 days. She looks like she’ll get plenty of light for the satelites so probably no.

Samsquanch OG x Double Grape - 9 days - This one is a good candidates if she’ll pop a couple more nodes in the next 4-5 days.

@Chasworks sorry works been super busy but Im taking care of you tomorrow so keep an eye out!

2 Likes

I definitely will, looking good over there :wink: i topped 1 & FIM 2 transplanted the 3 to the EB’s pre-flower: the older plant is stacking i cut back on her branching for more air flow

look closely :eyes: thats a Avocado plant growing next to the stem, going to perform a separation operation soon

1 Like

Nice on the Avocado… I gave up on mine but will try again this year… Sunday Funday update…

The topped one 27 days from germ… she sexed a while ago but seems content to veg and not go into flower yet… very slow to trigger like the last one.

Grape walker Kush at 16 days is already primed and ready to start pre flower stretch.

Samsquanch OG x Double Grape auto - Day 11 germ

Sweet & Sour (Sour Stomper x Toof Decay) day 11 germ - The 11 dayers are looking great and progressing daily.

Beary White (3bears og x Walter white) and Frozen Sunny D (Sunday Thumper x Super Orange Haze) - day 2 out the ground. Beary white about 12 hours behind.

That will be it for the autos until the first two are into flower then I have two pineapple runtz ready to go.

1 Like

Nice work Robert! Everything is flowing well on my end with the out side learning curve continues :palm_tree::yin_yang::wink:

check the Avocado seedling :eyes: right next to her.

1 Like

They look happy together :slight_smile:

Here we are… 4 weeks, 3 weeks, and 2 weeks. Hard to pick a favorite but the Sweet & Sour is dialed.

Fugue State x Pink Panama Auto at 30 days… Still content to veg and has not started pre flower stretch yet. Changed the spectrum slightly and upped her to about 675 par at her canopy level. Not quite as red stemmed as the last one… Going to keep her much more pretty clean and top biased this time and see what happens.

Grape Walker Kush Auto at 20 days… Would like to see her a little further along. she’s been a little tough with the thick foliage. I think I got her under control now and she looks like she’s ready to start pre flower stretch any day now.

Sweet & Sour Auto 14 days…This is my favorite so far this round. Just a beautiful specimen of an auto flower… The spacing and leaf ratio is spot on to where I like them… Every satellite stretched out perfectly even. She’s just now sexing and hoping she’s drinking from the bottom now.

Samsquanch OG x Double Grape Auto 14 days… Definitely a tougher grow (the DG can be advanced level). Mucher squatter with tighter nodes and thick fans. Got to train her with either LST or defoliate. She seems to be doing fair with losing a couple fans.

1 Like

Nice work Robert, question: the Sun is very high par level the plants Veg in it & flower too: in my case the days are 11.5 hrs now & will be around 12 hrs when ready to harvest! Out side of smaller plants the Sun will effect the end product how???

1 Like

Robert you see the Avocado next to her? :wink:

1 Like

Hey @Chasworks …. Yes I see it! I’ll catch up this weekend, been slammed with work :frowning:

1 Like

I think flowering now is great as generally spring and fall both have spectrum conducive to both seedling starting and flower finishing. But the par and dlI will be increasing during the finishing… So could pop up a few issues… but you can’t turn back now :). Besides, you like the challenge!

1 Like

I wish I could get one to grow… I came close with an avocado pit I threw in an earthbox I wasn’t using. It cracked the pit and had a stem growing but I think I wasn’t patient enough. Anyways… Im a little better at vegetables and cannabis. I did just pop some melons, peas, corn.

Topped Fugue State x Pink Panama Auto - six weeks. Just like the last she is the slowest auto to go into stretch. She barely starting pre flower. Ive already had to hack some foliage…Was hoping she would stretch through it by now.

Grape Walke Kush auto (Grape Crinkle x Skywalker) - 5 weeks fro seed… starting to stretch it out a little.

Sweet and Sour (Sour Stomper x Toof Decay) auto - 3 weeks. Beautiful auto has me very excited :slight_smile:

Beary White Auto (3bears OG x Walter White) - 10 days up… See if her stem can catch up to the fans.

Double Grape x Samsquanch OG Auto - 3 weeks from seed. A bit squatty but starting to stretch out a little.

1 Like

They all look Healthy & you have plans for each :heavy_check_mark: i had dropped 3 Avocado seeds into white buckets, it had been a month with nothing so i dropped seeds in the buckets! All 3 popped then about 3 nodes in i noticed another stem next to the urbe! To close to separate so i go heavy on the top dress & tea :yin_yang: didn’t know they have m/f same as Urbe I think they should be done by 11:45 / 12:15 :yin_yang:

1 Like

if I had a choice, id probably chop the weed and let the avocado go :slight_smile:

The Topped Fugue State X Pink Panama Auto - Still just taking her time. Ive had to prune her several times as she just wants to branch and branch and branch. I think she is finally ready to flower and stretch out those tops.

Grape Walker Kush Auto - A week behind the FS/PP but well ahead in flower already. Pretty much right on time for these genetics. Really limiting the branching and lowers this round… Looking good and she should fill out nice!

Sweet & Sour Auto at about 25ish days. Still my favorite of this group. Pretty exactly how I want her to look. Clipped the lower stuff I don’t want and she is off and running… Think she will stretch out about another 8-12".

Samsquanach OG x Double Grape auto - 25ish as well. Very DG. Shell try to grow lots of stems and wait to stretch em till she’s in flower. Interesting freebie… this ones all about the terps… Want to see what these parents produce. She’ll be very frosty from the DG it’s just what does Samsquanch do to the terps.

Beary White Auto - 15 days. My other favorite. Beautiful auto and the 3bears is some of my favorite og…

And to wrap up the spring autos… One of the old favorites.

Pineapple Runtz Auto 10 days.

1 Like

The Line up is great the plants are doing great! As for the Avocado i would imagine i can take the GG to finish chop leaving the Avocado alone in the pot after harvest! :yin_yang::dart:

1 Like

@Chasworks we got 3 ft of snow just just trying to stay warm now :slight_smile:

Anyways… little update on the autos

Beary White Auto (28 days from sprout / 31 from seed) - The 3Bears OG really showing through right now. I like her a lot.

Pineapple Runtz Auto (23 days from sprout/ 26 from seed)… Starts a little squat as she makes roots but when she kicks it in about day 7 she’s off to the races. Snipped the first two stems and she hasn’t looked back. Im hoping she does like the first round of three of these I did.

Grape Walker Kush (left) - 42 days. Sweet N Sour Auto (right) 35 days. It’s stinky, frosty weed and just getting started. 3-4 weeks and we’ll be looking good for harvest.

And why not… Some early GWK nugs… loving her fat pistils.

The Freebie in the group… Double Grape x Samsquanch OG Auto - 6 weeks from sprout.

The topped PP/FS is doing well and finally starting to stack some flower… Post a pic next time.

And to replace the 4 in flower I will be growing 4 new ones in 5gal fabric pots just to keep it interesting and make sure I can still do it :). EB’s have spoiled me a little bit.

This Beary white is 11 days today… She’s Crushing it in fabric as well.

Sweet n Sour day 5… about a week behind BW. And then the two that just came out the coco are Kiwi x Northern Cheese Haze and Sundae Thumper x Northern Cheese Haze (next cycles freebies)

1 Like

Looking good over there Robert! Snow! I haven’t seen anything under 52* in almost 7 yrs :yin_yang::sunny::palm_tree: the speed of those auto’s makes me want to give them another shot! I definitely loved the terps & head they provided: :thinking: just need to cut the cost of the 18hr / air conditioning cost :wink: the fem seeds can take the higher temps before i need a/c

1 Like