Auto clone? What

in my experiments I did my first clone. From my first grow. What am can someone tell me about this? Good bad idea? Did know if it would work. Just trying some stuff. I did it from a auto

3 Likes

Following for knowledge. I hope you don’t mind?

1 Like

Hahaha! You sound like me. Just do it and ask for forgiveness later. :rofl: :v:

Can I see?

1 Like

Sounds about right. Haha! I’m a rip the band-aid off already person, depending on the situation, of course. I try not to be stupid on purpose.

1 Like

You can clone an auto but it will still flower at the same time as the mother.

2 Likes

Is there any truth to hitting it with blue light. To keep it vegiing

@B.G.1 no. Blue light will just make it bush out more and you won’t get a lot of flower development. It will just keep the auto short and stocky.

You can transplant the clone after rooting to shock it and make it stay in veg though, but this doesn’t always work and there’s a chance it can stunt the plant.

3 Likes

ok I’ll mad scientist it up. Try to learn on it

4 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy: You rule breaker You… . Wait. what rules? I wanna see pictures of what happens.

2 Likes

ok sure. . . . . …

Who wrote the rules anyway? :upside_down_face:

They are and always have been doesn’t matter where or what rules they are.

3 Likes

You can clone an auto if you take the cutting very early. The cutting will already have the auto clock running though so it will not get nearly as big as the mother. In my experience it is not on the same clock as the mother though and will be delayed a couple weeks before it starts to auto flower. I’ve done this to reverse for seeds, while keeping it separate from the flower area. I only LST on autos, and if taken around the time you would bend her over the first time, I end up with a small plant about 1/3-1/2 the size of the mother.

For reference I grow in dwc. Usually when I bend her over the first time, there’s gonna be a branch the would be down and would have to be bent out of the way. That’s the branch I take for the clone in an auto as that one is usually just in the way and the branches on the down side after the bend tend to not produce much anyway. Down side to that is usually there’s just one branch like that, so I only get one shot at the clone.

really its coco with hand full of dirt on top

This is what I started with 9 days ago

1 Like

Did you make your own transplant thing that I can’t think the name of right now?

Is it plug? :thinking:

You know what? The way my brain spaces freaking words sometimes pisses me right the eff off. Pardon me, I digress.

The last picture of the plant and soil with what like like plastic encircling it. What the bloody hell is that called?

it should have a few weeks of veg left. As mother isn’t quite ready yet.

I believe that’s called the bottom of a water bottle with dirt in it. @kmac03

2 Likes