Athena cleanse, who has used it?

I am getting close on a plant and getting ready to flush the organic material from the root zone. I decided to go with a helper for this flush. I am trying the athena brand “cleanse”, thoughts? Recommendations? I will keep you all posted on progress of the final ten days. I plan on starting with half dose and a half gallon spring water to see how how it affects her. Starting to yellow a fair amount towards the bottom, still some new pistil growth but it has slowed, triches looking close. Strain is gelato and is a feminized seed.

1 Like

How how, shoot I’m high :joy:

1 Like

the issue with this and similar is that they use hypochlorous acid and that kills the good as well as the bad. Then you are left with a neutral substrate with trace amounts of acid…
I recommend composting / recycling it over chemical treatments.

3 Likes

Well, I went ahead and used with a watering to start the clean. She is doing well, so far. I will upload pics momentarily.

1 Like

3 Likes

Gave her a few ice cubes and stuck her in the dark 60-65F with fan circulation yesterday. Pics tomorrow evening, light fan leaf wet trim spray of no mo mold and hang at same temps, 50-60 Rh

1 Like

She’s a goth chick, :joy: going dark in the dark!

2 Likes

Harvest time, good smell coming off her. Clean skunk, almost like baby poo, haha! I like the cleanse and don’t mind the cleaned out dirt.

1 Like

so what do you think you will do to re-charge your soil?

1 Like

I will take it to the outdoor garden, I have started composting since April. Should be alright out there. I also rinsed the soil after chopping the plant to dilute the acid.

1 Like

good move. Do not forget to add elements in addition to amendments. Some Mychos will be needed too so maybe add some to the compost of DRENCH with molasses. The sugars will build the soil

2 Likes

I have been putting watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple and scrap veggies with it so far. Coffee grounds here and there.

1 Like

add some greens for Nitrogen…most everything you list is P&K except the coffee (which is acidic)

2 Likes

I have a tree order coming soon so the extra rich stuff will def come in handy! Hopefully, before winter sets in :crazy_face:

1 Like

any grass, neighbors have any?..

1 Like

Yes, once a month I mix in yard waste. All the leftovers from current garden went in too. Green peppers tomatoes, banana and jalapeño peppers, green beans, cucumbers, green onion, radish, ball onion, some rotted apples, even some large mouth bass guts. Used most of that stuff for the sweet corn though. Tree/plant/bush/flower trims and roots from past grows. I have a lot of clay in my soil so I will mix in some loose good dirt when I’m hoeing and raking or landscaping. I mix in two 50 gallon recycling bins.
Edit: only thing store bought put in has been pineapple cores, banana and coffee.

1 Like

if you have a lot of clay, add some PLAY SAND…very cheap in the garden centers

2 Likes

On my current grow I’m using an enzymatic solution called SLF-1000 that helps breaks down the salts you will have build up from your nutrients throughout the grow and have seen amazing results.

1 Like