Any tips for growing Gelato?

I want to utilize more of the free seeds i got but ive already killed 7. Only 1 made it to harvest. They pop open then die. I used rock wool cubes to make sure i didnt nuke them. I just got 4 more to actually sprout without the cubes and they are doing well. But i want to keep them alive. Any suggestions? (I did remember to soak the cubes b4 hand when i used them for the first grow)

2 Likes

I finally got mine to sprout and behave. For some reason, Gelato wanted to challenge me, too. I realized she likes it warm and quiet, meaning, transplant once. I moved her to 1 gal and left her in there after getting my pride wounded about three times previously. In the future, I will move her to 3 gal so she can spread her roots a little more. I didnā€™t train them or anything, I just let her do her thing since I had trouble before. She likes it a little more on the warm side, closer to 74 - 78 F and humidity 48%, but this has been my experience. Iā€™m in Zone 7B.

1 Like

@kmac03 Looking Good there kmacie pooh LoL hahahaha Very Good and Yummie :hugs:

1 Like

I finally won the battleā€¦I say this in a whisper tone since Iā€™m not out of the woods yet. :rofl: Iā€™m going to have to keep one going for Aleister. :cat2:

Thank you, @DollarBill. I have missed you.

2 Likes

@kmac03 we been real busy or i have. my wife comes outside to wAtCh me shovel 27 inches of Mountain Blown Snow :laughing: and giggles her little devil tail off. mine froze off back last week

1 Like

I feel like if I put my face in some snow it would help my sinuses. Blow it my way, please?

@kmac03 and @Everyone Wake Up!!! :laughing: Get Your Flush On https://open.spotify.com/track/6AKWOVOJ81OQfsgxZbJ6QN?si=JK8U4dPjRtSkR3GhHjmxGQ

1 Like

I wish I could. I just realized I have a conference call in a couple of hours that Iā€™m not prepared for because I thought it was tomorrow. I dislike conference call season. :unamused:

1 Like

@kmac03 Amazon says they are coming today and pick up a Return :joy: No Way our road up the mountain is Closed and a Super at Amazon said oh theyā€™ll be there, yeah sure

1 Like

They probably will. Itā€™s been my experience that they wonā€™t come back if you arenā€™t ready for them. Amazon is like the new Fedex, be there or be square. Theyā€™ll send a chopper, Iā€™m sure of it. :rofl: :helicopter:

1 Like

They have teleportersā€¦Beam it up Scotty

2 Likes

Omg i didnt even think about topping and what that will do to them. I just transplanted the seedlings to 5gal pots. Im gonna try and see if transplanting them less helps and yeah, im gonna let them do their thingšŸ˜€thanx mate!

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome. Iā€™d love to see how yours get on. Will you post pics? :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

@metaridley :smile:

GIF_20210126_182445

2 Likes

Here are the ladies. The 4 on the left are gelato and the right side is tanzanian kush. My theme this grow is ā€œthe thingā€ so lots of good names therešŸ˜† macready, palmer, windows, copper, bennings, childs, blair and el capitain

1 Like

No pictures yet, @metaridley. Sometimes, you have to look at the bottom of the screen and make sure itā€™s finished uploading, it will tell you what percentage itā€™s on when trying to post.

1 Like

@metaridley actually that plant was a male about 8 weeks ago :grin: i couldnā€™t start over because i need that homemade seed tent come late April early May

2 Likes

i did it! Sweeeet!

2 Likes

@metaridley Yay You!! you go

2 Likes

@metaridley now if you see a Pencil you can add to your last post edit

2 Likes