Any guesses what is happening?

Strawberry cough photo 4 months old, 1 month flowering. Growing in M.G. Moisture control, lights at 12/12 cycle, 15” above plants.
They received a 1/3 solution of M.G. Bloom food 10 days ago
Maybe a cal/mg deficiency?

1 Like

They aren’t getting enough air, Mama. What week of flower? 2/3? Defoliate some. How’s your soil feel?

Good morning! They are 4 months old, going into their 4th week of flowering. I water every other day with 2C of water each. (I put my hand down into the bucket to make sure the soil isn’t wet before I water)My next grow I will water the correct way… I remove yellowing leaves every other day when I water, wasn’t sure how many more to remove. Thank you for your response!

1 Like

What do you have for air under the canopy? If flowering is in fourth week, removing leaves may be pointless since she’s full of hormones. Others with more working knowledge will hopefully chime in. As @Mrb53004 had said before, no more than 30%. You are past week three which is where my comfort level for removal wanes unless something is screaming at me to remove it. Otherwise, check your airflow issues, if any. Then move to perhaps she’s hungry? I require more carbs when I’m flowering, too.

2 Likes

@Kris I’d continue to monitor. The new growth appears healthy and likely you did have some toxicity, deficiency, or other issue a few weeks ago that was already remedied. The bottom leaves are healthy and the newest growth is healthy so that means that there was an issue sometime in between.

Just keep an eye on it and watch for signs in the new growth.

2 Likes

I have a small fan on the ground in a vent bringing in air from outside the tent. The tent has a screen window at the top of the door and I leave that open during the day and I feel a small breeze coming out of it. I hate yellowing leaves on any of my plants so it’s a real fight to not pick them all off. LOL on the carbs during flowering…I remember those days :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you. It’s my first grow so I’m not real sure if something is drastic, or ok. What you said makes sense. Thank you for your response :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just my opinion but if you have a deficiency causing leaves to look bad becuse plant is robbing them of needed nutrients then removing the leaves before they are sucked dry would just move the canablizem to a new set of leaves. However I suffer from the same compulsion to remove poor looking foliage. Sometimes it is better to remove it so you are not continually wanting to adress a problem you already fixed.

2 Likes

I believe it’s a potassium difficiency by looking at a website with culprits.

You can look up potassium difficiency or check this site below.

Good luck! Hope this helps.

3 Likes