Amnesia Auto issues

Has anyone grown the amnesia auto before? I am having some issues I started one about the end of October thats the one that is not budding at all. I started a blackjack auto at the same time that did wonderful and I harvested around christmas. I started another one around november 11th that one started rough looked a little special. I didn’t think this one was going to make it but started flowering after just a few weeks so I just let it go to see what would happen. The first one shows signs of preflower has some pistils but has been like this for a while now is this normal? I did read it takes longer for the amnesia but It hasn’t changed in weeks. The second one that started flowering early has thick trichome covered sugar leaves but doesnt look like actual bud? most of the pistils are reddish brown now still a few white ones do I let it keep going is this normal?

[Uploading: 20210113_104840.jpg…]

2 Likes

To me the plant in the first picture looks like it’s drowning. The buds and the plant with all the buds on it look pretty healthy to me. But I do not grow Auto so wait until someone who does chimes in and they can tell you exactly what’s happening there are a lot of intelligent Growers on this forum. Peace & Happy Growing!!

3 Likes

yeah I thought the drooping leaves were due to overwatering even tho i wait till its light and its dry the first two inches so I let it dry out more and it still didnt help. Iv noticed it droops right after watering and then later in the day spruces right up for a day or two before drooping again.

1 Like

Opinion ----for an AUTO, that looks PRETTY BIG and flowering has not yet really begun. Flowering is when we get STRETCH and the plant grows 12" or more. Maybe a seed got mixed in there that was not auto, maybe just a genetic trait going back to its heritage. Amnesia traces its roots back to Sativa (Haze family) and a little Indica (either from Skunk or Afghani roots). As a Sativa, she will want to grow tall and leggy.
Ok, enough on strain - lets get to the condition of the plant: Overwater…definitely, maybe a little ROOT BOUND…that is a big plant for a small container. Is it soil or coco /peat mix. There are signs of nutrient burn but only here and there. not spread across the plant. Light schedule - if she is a true auto, as long as she gets 5 hrs of light she should bud. Are you running 12/12? If not, flip like she was a photo period genus and see what happens. That will not effect the other plant/s. Temps - you can start a COLD water treatment to help induce flowering. Lower the temp of the water 5 degrees (down to 50F) and that can help stimulate flowering. Cold, lights - 2 most influential flowering stimulants. If she pops, bring watering temps back t normal and keep 12/12 on the lights. 2 weeks should show big changes.
If you transplant, a good time to get some fresh soil that is not too wet so the drooping can be eliminated. Watch the ph too. Overwater can make leaves get nute burn so fix 1 problem at a time so you know what you are dealing with

3 Likes

thanks mike. the nute burn I believed happened early in stage this was one of my first plants and I went a little crazy have backed off sense. for watering im waiting till the container is super light and Is dry for as far as I can dig. I pulled it out of the container it holds together nicely and I dont see roots at the bottom or pushing out of the sides? would you typically see that if it was root bound? should I transplant it to a bigger pot at this point? it has had droopy leaved for a month maybe two they usually perk up a little right after its fully dried and I water it. im growing it in cocoa with the fabric pot sitting over. a container so the excess water can drip out. are you saying that if I flip it to 12/12 it will not affect the other autoflowers? I have the second one that im hoping will be done in a week or two in the pics above dont want to ruin it now and another autoflower still in veg stage dont want to stunt that either? currently im running 20/4.

1 Like

When you water how fast does it pass through the pot

1 Like

I do a little at a time to give it time to go down its a 1 gal pot I would say that I start seeing water come out around 1/4 of a gallon

1 Like

I don’t grow auto’s but i know the photos over time will get compacted

1 Like

If you transplant to a larger pot, you will get MORE BUDS! Amazing you go this going in a 1 gallon container but coco is great for allowing nutrient uptake. As long as you are adding you cal/mag cause there is none in coco. You would not have gone this far if it was not in your feedings so I figure, you’re OK.
Flipping will not affect the other autos…Many of us run lights at 18 or even 20 on straight auto but they will do fine on a 12/12 and allow you to have both auto and photo together in the same tent

3 Likes

Was reading and yea id most definitely move it to a 5 gallon fabric pot. Ive seen somewhere in order to stress them out less some people put them directly into the pot theyll end up in so you dont stress it out during transplant. Also it might be a good idea to invest in a good soil meter to test the moisture of the soil so you know you arent overwatering… Good Luck