Amherst Sour leaf discoloration

Hi I’d appreciate some help figuring out what I messed up.
Growing Amherst sour diesel in a 3.25’x3.25’ tent. 600W LED 30” above canopy. Seeds popped 10/1 in sólo cups in a local nurseries 420 soil mix with

no nutrients added. Went into 2 liter pots and now in 3 gal cloth pots.
Tap water ppm 190-200. Ph to 6.2-6.5.

Watering every 4-5 days until pots feel light.
The 3 gal soil is a 50-50 mix Ocean Forest/ 420 mix.
Used great white on root ball at transplant.
Temps 68-86 and Rh around 45-50%.
Used 3ml cal-mag per gallon and 25% dose of FloraNova Grow every 3rd watering.
Few days ago I used Fox farm Grow Big and Big Bloom (I know I’m in veg but I followed the feed chart. Mixed dose for 1 gallon and diluted in 3 gallons 33% strength.
One of the plants has had purpling edges and I wasn’t sure if it was phenotype.
Next morning the plants were pissed.
I’m not sure if it’s an excess or deficiency. Early lower leaf yellowing though nitrogen and added cal mag.

1 Like

Sounds like you identified the problem. You had a living soil type grow going. It’s pissed about the salt based fertilizer you added. It might adjust, but you’ll be bottle feeding.

What you want, if you want to keep the living soil going, is organic inputs. I like the dry fertilizer blends like down to earth 4-4-4 or 4-8-4.

1 Like

Thank you, that makes a lot of sense.
I have dry organic 4-4-4 amendment on hand. Will it take too long to become available to the plants.
I’m planning on 2-3 more weeks in veg and then flip once I get the canopy spread out.
I just noticed that the perlite I added was Miracle Grow Perlite with added fertilizer.
Is the grow toxic now? I am thinking that miracle grow isn’t for ingestion
Thank you!

1 Like

MG has alot of nitrogen in it not good for auto’s but fine with photos when i used to use it i would do alot topping trimming and LST to burn up alot of the nitrogen @Nyslide62

1 Like