Amber tricomes on buds or sugar leaves ok?

I’m getting close to harvesting feminized GSC. At week 12 of flower and have very little if no amber tricomes on the buds. But the sugar leaves are covered in amber tricomes. Should I be looking for amber tricomes on the buds themselves or just in general?

3 Likes

It would not be the worst thing in the world if there were no amber trikes…GSC is a great anytime strain…I would drop RH, add ice to the containers and let it melt to water, let it go dry for a week, 2dasy dark and in t0 days, harvest. But then again, what do I know…just a pothead… :slight_smile:
Gorgeous trikes you got goin on…hard to screw that up
A larger picture (the plant) would have been better to make a call on…hard based just on a bud

4 Likes

Uploading: 20210427_073707.jpg…

I’m having trouble right now Uploading pics for some reason. The reason I’m so concerned is that my last grow(Gelato) went 9 weeks. I had no amber tricomes anywhere and was very disappointed with the potency.

2 Likes

still too close…I do not want to see the trikes,I want to see the plant. Looks like you have mature pistils and new pistils. Can’t really tell but maybe foxtailing…You still have time for sure, trikes are clear to milky but you have to make sure she is finishing off and not going into regrowth.
Lights - even though it is an auto, cut to 10 hrs ON
Rh - drop to 40 (APPROX)
temps - can you get them down to 60F
NO NUTES…Ice cubes on plant soil to water

Yes they are fox tailing pretty good. Is that a bad thing? I’m keeping RH around 40 and can only get 64 degrees at lights off. Usually around 77-79 lights on.
Working on a photo. Saying my files are too large. Plus my HPS light is on now making pictures worthless.

2 Likes

3 Likes

My gelato went 11 weeks and was underwhelming. Looked good just nothing special. Blue dream went 10 weeks and it is AWSOME.

1 Like

I pushed a GSC auto 19 weeks…she was astounding

1 Like

I chopped off what I thought to be a possible hermy branch off my GSC a couple weeks ago. Smoked some last night and like it more than my Gelatos. My Gelatos were beautiful but I think I just chopped them too early. I’ve been pressing my Gelatos to oil to make it satisfactory to me. They produce tons of rosin tho.

1 Like

Are those autos or photo period?

They are photos. I haven’t tried autos yet but plan on it some day.

1 Like

Ooh that is a pretty girl

1 Like

Thank you! I just borrowed a pocket microscope from a buddy and was able to see tons of ambers. So they are in the dark now waiting to be chopped in a couple days!

2 Likes

Those are some fat buds!!! Very nice

1 Like

Just my opinion. You’re doing such a good job with your plants that I think you would end up being disappointed if you grew autos. The best autos are still Midz compared to the quality of photos. They come out looking amazing covered in trichomes but then you smoke it and get very little of the flavor and terpene profile and way less thc and total canabanoids. There is only a handful of breeders out there making fire autos that test in the 29’s, Mandalirian genetics, Mafisto is another one doing amazing things. Overall again in my opinion, stick to photos if you like the real thing. However autos definitely have There place and can be very useful in certain situations. Just my opinion 🤷 don’t blast me to hard.lol​:rofl::rofl::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Thank you. That’s a lot of good info. Only my 4th grow and have changed my room configuration each time. I think I found a good set up for optimal yeild. And the big buds are as solid as a baseball… Now working on getting it as potent as I can. I lean more towards indica strains. Maybe thats why my Gelatos were so disappointing. I definitely like the control you have with photos compared to the autos.

2 Likes

I’ve tried the Fruit Auto freebies that came from HGCC and they turned out NOT to be autos after all. I’m still in week 3 of flower after 8 weeks of veg along with my photoperiods. Kind of a let down so far since I should have been smoking that by now. I purchased more BEFORE this happened of a different variety. I’m still not giving up hope on those or autoflowers just yet though.

1 Like