Amber tricomes/ harvest

Growing my first autoflower.
Gelato auto.
14 weeks now and tricomes are turning amber only on the upper bud sections.
Most are cloudy with a few still looking clear.
Should the tricomes on the upper part of the buds be the ones to watch or the lower buds as well?
Thanks

2 Likes

Beautiful Grow, I utilize “Side” lights to balance the Maturation of the Trichomes, the tops will “Mature” faster…I’ve also chopped, Branch by branch to achieve desired results. In any event looks like a success…

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll have to try the extra lights!

How are you getting such good pictures? Do you have a magnifying camera lens?
I am in the same boat and not sure if my AF are ready to be harvested. I took close up pictures with my iPhone and magnified the screen but it’s either to close or I cannot see the detail you have provided.
I think I am very close as the pistils are turning amber. But I cannot see the trichomes.

Hi, I use my Samsung android phone camera and set it on macro. Photos come out pretty good. For getting a closer look I use one of those usb micro scopes from Amazon for around $30. Photos come out pretty good if my hand doesn’t shake. Then I also have a jewelers loupe.
I did harvest with most tricomes slightly changing to amber on the upper section of the plant. I wanted to run it longer, but decided to harvest. I use a Cannatrol to dry with. Cannatrol takes 8 days to dry the flower. Afterward tested a sample and it turned out nice.

I’m looking at USB microscope cameras. I see most are 50 - 1000 magnification. Is the low end to high?
I also see some clip on magnifiers. Any experience with them. They have a much lower resolution. Like 250 tops.
Prices are good but not sure about quality. But of course all I want to do is get close up pictures for this forum. I am having timing issues with harvest.
I have one that I think I waited to long to chop. It almost looks as if it has reverted to sugar leaves with almost no pistils that I can see. Like it went back to vegetative? I hope not.
Its an AF in a pot outside.

Never used a clip on magnifier. Here is the microscope camera from Amazon.
Ninyoon 4K WiFi Microscope for iPhone Android PC, 50-1000X USB Digital Microscope Wireless Super HD Endoscope Camera Compatible with All Cellphones iPad Android Tablet Windows Mac Chrome Linux
It’s kind of difficult to take photos with it. Holding it still that is.
Mine was an AF grown indoors.
Good luck with your grow.