Air quality control in a new room

I have an 8” exhaust fan in a 9x12 room. Should I put the air purifier in the room? Or is the air moving to fast to clean? Should I put it outside the room to clean that air…? Or right by the air intake?

Co2 Enrich air in grow room
Vent to second room old air
Allow for new air in
Air scrubber and ozone in second room
Then exhaust that scrubbed air
Fireplace is great if you have one
Burn oak baby

1 Like

Thank you. If I hear you right… scrub the air outside the room and leave the grow room Co2 rich.

1 Like

Always leave your grow area CO2 rich during lights on. With CO2 rich the temps should be higher - in the 80’s (remember the 80’s ? :crazy_face:). Plants drink CO2 in the day and convert to O2, but at night it is reverse, they drink O2 and expel CO2.

2 Likes

So the air purifier will pull the Co2 out of the room if I use it during lights on? Got it! Just scrub the air outside and add Co2 to the inside.

If you vent the room, the air EXCHANGES - room air out, new air in. You cannot keep CO2 (if you are adding) in a vented room. You can pull in fresh air that contains CO2 but that is not added, it is just normal. If you supplement with CO2, just move the air around the room - circulating fan, for the breeze. At lights off, vent the room. Carbon filter inside tent / room (you are drawing air from within the room) and exhaust it outside the room. If your room is not sealed and the smell comes through (lights on time), then just intake air from the room, through the scrubber (charcoal filter) and exhaust it also inside the room.

2 Likes

Thank you, for that clear explanation! That is very insightful!!!

What about pulling fresh air with intake directly from outside its cold out though 35°f what are your thoughts?

Fresh air-----if you run continually, you need to monitor temps carefully. Cold air in a hot tent will cause condensation…So you will have added Rh and you have to watch the levels and for mold. If the temps get to cold, you will shock your plants and lock nutrition.
So, why do we vent? Sometimes for air filtration to hide the odor. Sometimes to bring in fresh air that contains CO2. For air movement, just use a circulating fan. Once you determine what you want your circulating air for, then you can decide how to handle it
If you bring air IN, from the bottom, CO2 is heavier than O2 so it will be near the plant base and available for use. Hot air rises so if you EXHAUST from the top, you pull OUT hot air.
Low temps - either add ceramic heat lamps (the black ones so you do not have light issues, A heating blanket (on the floor). Lights. All these things make HEAT
You have to fine tune between heat and cold to insure your environment keeps steady temps between 60-80 (lights on/off - notice I did not say day/night—I run my lights at night for the heat and off in the day) and rh between 50-65.
It really only takes a little fresh air to give the CO2 level you need, not like you have t have a tornado going on inside your tent. You could always add CO2 generators (gas, mushroom bags, brewers yeast with sugar) and vent less. Most people vent for odor control…

2 Likes