About the Seed, Propagation and Transplanting category

The journey towards a successful grow starts with a seed. Any uncertainty you have at this point could be addressed in this section. Beginning a life cycle involves two processes. First, you need to germinate the seeds. After caring for the spouts for some time, you would be transplanting them to a temporary container (or permanent pot if growing an auto). The chances are high that some or all your questions would already have been answered previously. If not, then ask away.

2 Likes

You should post a video

Not sure if this thread is still alive but I need to hijack it for awhile.
I germ’d 6 days ago, placed in the pod 4 days ago, kept moist and warm.
They popped up and are about an inch tall but look pretty anemic. This morning I placed them under light for the first time.

Are they going to make it? Of should I re-germ another batch. These are Bannon Fast Autos at about $12 a seed.

can I germinate in peat pellets with out soaking seeds prior to placing in pellets?

Yeah. The 24 he pre-soak is just a preference for some growers to soften the shells. I think it’s too long and risks drowning the seed. I just do the wet paper towels but I know of people who have just dropped the seeds in the pods. You will need to insure the seed stays moist. Do not let that pod dry.

I even knew one guy that did it “Jack and the Bean Stalk” style. He just went out in the garden and threw the seeds in the dirt!

1 Like

I was wondering if say I buy 40 seeds while I am up here in the states as I only get up here once a year… And I only grow 8 seeds at a time in 2 4 foot by 4 foot grow tents how long do you guarantee female type seeds for as another company only guarantee them for 90 days and I had a problem with germinating some seeds and they would not replace seeds that would not germinate?

I was wondering if say I buy 40 seeds while I am up here in the states as I only get up here once a year… And I only grow 8 seeds at a time in 2 4 foot by 4 foot grow tents how long do you guarantee female type seeds for as another company only guarantee them for 90 days and I had a problem with germinating some seeds and they would not replace seeds that would not germinate?
[/quote]