A really dumb newb question

I have all the stuff to get started but I haven’t yet until I see how my chemo goes. Here’s the question:
When people say they flush the plants does that mean completely drench the 3 gallon grow bags with water until it’s soaking wet dripping out the sides and bottom?

Flushing means watering until about a 1/3 of what you pour in comes out, and is used to get rid of excess nutrients and salts that will build up over time in your medium. This salt buildup will affect how your plants absorb nutrients.
Slowly pour a gallon in your plants so that the medium absorbs it (not find a gap and pour out thru that). Then add another slowly. Then another. If you pour 3 in, you want 1 out. When flushing, more is better. Once flushed, you can then add your nutrients back in with a regular feeding.

1 Like

I believe it is just plain water you feed your plants for last two weeks without any nutrients.

He’s talking about runoff

When you flush you don’t use any nutes in last 2 weeks of flower before harvest. I use nutes up until end I don’t think it makes a difference. Weed tastes the same I tried both ways doesn’t make a diff.

I think there’s 2 reasons you’d flush your soil , one being you’ve over fertilized and your plants and are showing signs of extreme stress . The other is when you’ve been using chemical fertilizer as opposed to organic. It’s still a toss up as whether flushing helps with taste or what not . According to things I’ve read , it really doesn’t make to much difference if you flush or not . But organic grow medium is your best bet and rear doesn’t need to be flushed .