48hr darkness before harvest

Hey I’m doing one of my first indoor grows and had heard to leave the girls in total darkness for 48 hours before chopping them down, trichomes will potent up. Is there any truth to this?

I believe its Bro science: :yin_yang:

2 Likes

Agreed.
I don’t believe it does anything! Horticultural Placebo…

Maybe adds 2 more days to help with the Early Chop syndrome most of us suffer from :yin_yang:

Bruce Bugbee has commented on this belief and he was of the opinion that it’s more beneficial for yield and potency if you just keep the light on as usual and physiologically it defies known principles to think it otherwise.
I don’t believe he had done a formal study and based that statement on those principles.

The dude probably talks to unicorns too! This is overthinking pot at its best. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn’t. But it would be so minuscule that a lab test would be needed to determine.

2 Likes

I been smoking too much Sativa! :yin_yang: Weed Knowledge gets better with Quality! :ballot_box_with_check::nerd_face::joy:

2 Likes

Lol, definitely get to the genius level after a few bong loads!

1 Like

Nothing to do with is this post. Just hadn’t added any pics for awhile.

3 Likes

High Class Ladies! :yin_yang::ballot_box_with_check::eyes:

1 Like

Hope you have your answer. I guess since it’s your first grow do you want to take a chance or just finish up the old fashioned way. Earth way you will get knowledge and experience with each grow and find your way happy growing. Peace :peace_symbol:

As a general (common sense) principle,
No where on the face of the earth where cannabis is a native specie is there ever 48 hours of darkness unless manipulated by man.
To think that somehow we are going to improve on natural processes established over tens of thousands of years of conditioning and evolution is absurd.

It’s a whimsical thought and opens up many thought provoking conversations so the principle isn’t all bad and if it’s something a person tries out of curiosity, it will result in a learning experience but likely nothing more.

The pursuit of knowledge in all aspects of your life is the difference between human beings and rodents.

2 Likes