2x4 closet grow need led light which one?

Please help 1 time grower looking to find budget led that will do the trick and how many plant can I grow in 2x4 closet

1 Like

And where can I get seeds in Virginia

Why, from HGCC, of course! :joy:

2 Likes

You can get seeds right from here homegrown

1 Like

Look for a grow light that leaves a footprint with similar width and depth as your tent. Mars hydro, spider farmer and kind are well known brands. If they have a local greenhouse in your area, I would check there. Always Amazon, also.

Trying find light under 200 looked at king led 1200 the bp2500 and also Viparspectra 1500 and there link for seeds looking for auto flowering

I’m feel sum I see this website sells them I’m buy some what best but for first grow? Strain and should grow in soil or buy 5 gallon hydro set up?

This is just over 200. I had it in my Save For Later cart on Amazon cause it caught my eye. It’s the one I’d be looking at for a 2x4. Its got good bones with the Samsung diodes and mean well driver and it’s full spectrum with UV and Far Red.

1 Like

It sounds like you should research your viable options and base your medium, seed, lighting etc on your time involved, patience, overall cost and knowledge of the strain. Happy growing.

It is true, you should research your options, but analysis paralysis is a thing and the best way to avoid it is get dirty and experiment.

For a first time grow, I would purchase 3 strains, whether based on yield, ease of growing, average THC/CBD%, novelty/sentimental value. Probably aim for all feminized seeds so you don’t have to deal with sexing. Doesn’t matter, get a small pack of each, pop 2 or 3 of each, you’ll probably want only 4-6 plants in a 2x4; but I know people who would do 8-12 and pack it, definitely only worth it if you’re cloning though.

Get an easy soil with everything in it, personally I’m not a Miracle Grow fan, but they have an organic option. Fox farm, is a really good. Once the seeds are germinated throw them right into 5gal pots with catch pans.

There are some good lights easy to find on Amazon. AC Infinity just came out with some amazing lights, they only have the small ones available, but the price right now is ridiculous! IONGRID S22, Full Spectrum LED Grow Light, 2x2 - AC Infinity
2 of those would be perfect.

Get 3 clip on fans, one for the lights (always good measure to move heat away from lights no matter how efficient), one for top of canopy, one for just above soil height.

Grab a one subject notebook, and WRITE EVERYTHING YOU DO DOWN! I can’t stress enough how tracking your grows, helps later on.

After, everything is set up and growing, make sure you talk to your girls regularly, they love that shit! :heart:

You’ll spend about 30 days with lights at 18 on 6 off, then switch to 12/12.

Oh a cheap jewelry/coin magnifying glass hoop/loop w/e they’re called, just something to inspect trichomes with.

Look for those real cloudy trichomes and yank those busty babes!

Happy Growing!! 🪴🪴🪴

2 Likes

If you go with the AC Infinity lights there is a promo code from Mr. Canucks on YouTube “Canuck15” 15% off most AC Infinity products on their site and Amazon. The lights are only available on their site right now.

Justin
Iam doing a closet grow in a 3x3. with 4 blue amnesias and using the spider farmer 1000 with the dimmer control for me an excellent led light and very affordable check them out

Thank you guys for all your help

Under $200 your just gonna find useless junk. You can’t grow without the right tools. Save up more money before u buy.

Mars Hydro has some good lights, too. I would look at the Mars Hydro SP3000 and SP6500. Two SP3000 may be better than on SP6500 LED. Good Luck.

I had 3 grows already. My tent is 36x36x72. What I’ve learned is you want short plants, or you need to be able to keep them short. My problem was they kept getting too close to the light. And I’m using Autos. Which I also learned you can’t top them at all. Because the plant dies before the trichomes get some amber, and the smoke completely locks up my neck in minutes with splitting headache. You gotta have 30 percent amber. For your light, I recommend a dimmable one. This way if the plants get too close and you can’t raise the light anymore, you can simply turn down the knob, saving your plants from getting burned. I have made massive buds with a simple 200 watt light. Viparspectra has good ones at the right price. At only 100.00. This served me well.
VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light, with Daisy Chain,Veg and Bloom Switches, Full Spectrum Plant Growing Lights for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015FLSOCE/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_ZH5QQD4QPS07EY091GB9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Again,plants were getting too close and you really can’t scrog autos because you don’t know exactly when they’ll switch, then wind up having bud sites not exposed. I found its better to let those branches come right up but just keep space between them.

For an upgraded light I just got this one
VIPARSPECTRA 2000W LED Grow Light… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PVR4LPK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share.

That’s dimmable.

And if using Autos, you don’t need any chemicals or food. They even have special soil concentrate that works. Again right on Amazon, mix it with foxfarms ocean forest, which is already at the right PH.

FoxFarm Ocean Forest FX14000 -1.5… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KVLYW9M?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

You won’t regret it. All you do is add water for 3 months and you’ve got buds.
Super Soil Autoflower Concentrate https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TRYL6K7/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_R6TPDE65REG03X9Z959S?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Hence the name autoflower concentrate. Keep the water just below 7ph, and filtered. I just put a carbon filter attached to sink top. You can adjust that water, or, I found out that Walmart great value spring water is perfect, right around 6.6 to 6.8, no need to adjust. I use that until the plants get bigger, than when you start needing 10 gal a week. I use the water filter and bucket.

Basic light intensity, moisture and ph tester. But I don’t bother testing the soil because I’m adding the correct ph water.

Safe way to bring down PH.

HydroOrganics HOH84022 Earth… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005H1ZEAI?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Soil pH Meter, 3-in-1 Soil Test… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J1HO6XY?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I only use it to check when to add water, and to check the light intensity and to make sure it even.

So you need foxfarms ocean forest, that one bag of autoflower concentrate works for five, 5 gallon pots but I just spread it out in only 4. Can’t fit 5 plants. Ph water below 7 and that’s it. And keep the light the right distance

1 Like