22 days old LST

Do my 1st two plants ever look small for 3 weeks old? I started stress training yesterday. And I regret LST the small one bc it had just rebounded from a deficiency. Although there is a lot of new growth beneath that’s not visible in pic.

Preformatted text

1 Like

Mine are 23 days old and they are close in size. A little bigger but mine are photos. I think they look good for 3 weeks. They will getba spurt soon.

1 Like

Appreciate your response. I’m sure you remember questioning everything as a beginner. Nice to have a forum full of experienced growers

1 Like

They look good although, yes, you’d like them to be a little bigger. But they are vegging and have not triggered yet. There can be numerous reasons other than LST for slow growth… Over/under watering, insufficient light, soil too hot, RH and Temp, air exchange/ circulation, etc. And one of the biggest is GENETICS… Autoflowers can still be hit or miss.

The good news is yours show no signs of nutrient burn and if anything may need a little more water. Small pots will dry up quick… Also the roots will be down the the bottom quick so maybe give the containers a bottom water to not let the feeder roots get too saturated higher up.

At this point, I would want to see them at about 400-600 par depending on strain.

For example… my current autos of similar age. I have grown hundreds upon hundreds of autos so experience does help.

Pineapple runtz auto at 15 days

Beary White auto at 20 days

Little better perspective for size

You can see the only LST these plants are receiving is some “leaf tucking”.

by end of week 4 to week 5 they should have progressed to about this (below pic)… If not, I would question the genetics knowing the environment and containers are dialed.

Also keep in mind a lot of strains like double grape or the pineapple runtz may stay a bit squat until they hit pre flower around day 25-35 and then stretch the satelites big.

1 Like

looks like my big one is on track and has visible growth by the hour. The little one too. Neither of them were squatting but the smaller one did get sick and didn’t develop for a week. My tent literally arrived while typing this lol

2 Likes

Looks great… Try pushing some of the bigger fans down under a stem to get as much light as possible to the satellites without having to defoliate other than stuff dragging the dirt. 7 and 9 finger fans can be a little more difficult to deal with early on.

The growth going forward will be exponential now that she has some roots… Looks like you’re in great position for pre flower.

Always, with autos, the first 10 days are critical. If you can keep them growing and healthy for the first two weeks you will enjoy growing autos a lot and be putting some primo in the jars a lot more often than with photos… Nice to change up the flavors more often.

BTW… What strain? Look like she’s developing into a beautiful sativa. Foliage looks really nice and healthy.