1st indoor Grow

So I started all three the same day with same containers and potting mix. 18 on 6 off with 1200 watt LED. 30”x30”x60” grow closet . This is the start of week 5 . What am I doing wrong

1 Like

Hi @Racknpinion The soil look pretty wet, over watering will suffocate the roots and stunt growth.
Airflow, do you have fans to move the air and exhaust for the closet? What temp and humidity?

3 Likes

I am a newbie as well…but have you thought about purchasing something like Mylar to line your walls with to reflect the light? I’ve read the ‘diamond’ Mylar is better because it doesn’t give you any ‘hot spots’. .

2 Likes

Welcome…lets get started…White is ok for reflection, mylar not needed. Upper left - plant looks good, upper right, a little small but does not look like a nutrient issue, lower center - a runt… Runts happen. What are the strain/s, soil, temps and Rh (humidity). How high is your light and what is the brand / name

4 Likes

Agree with @Mrb53004. More Information needed. Including any feeding schedule.

3 Likes

Yes I think I’m going to get one for next grow

1 Like

Well sad to say but none of the above. Temp is regulated by home thermostat

Well the seeds are fem Auto gelato . My light has been on veg only until yesterday . I used merciless grow bloom booster every 4 watering and I have watered daily to sight only

1 Like

And my light is about 40 inch from floor

Im also new here but I personally would move the lights to less than 20 inches above the plants as long as it doesnt get really hot you dont want to burn the babies and as long as the light will provide the coverage the plants need… Judging by the picture it doesnt look that bright to me also I’d invest in a soil meter to test the dampness of your soil… If you dont mind me asking what kind of led light and soil are you using and have you topped the plants at all?

ALSO I think it was mentioned earlier about what strains as some do grow different from others…

1 Like

@Racknpinion welcome to the forum. Based on what I have read in this feed it just seems you should lower your light and rotate your plants. The one in the corner is growing the fastest because it is getting the most light due to the photons reflecting off the walls in the corner around it. I’d give them turns in the corner. Switch them around every few days and lower your light some. I’m assuming you meant a 1200w model light which is usually far from 1200 watts. They’re usually closer to 200 true watts. Make sure you flip the bloom switch on with the veg and lower it to at least 18-20 inches as well. With the extra light and the rotation of the plants you will see a lot more growth.

4 Likes

@Racknpinion I’d also lower the light more when they start to flower. Maybe lower it to 12-18 inches then.

3 Likes

I forgot who made it, but in this forum I read where someone made a very affordable grow tent. They used a large wardrobe box that you purchase for moving (you can purchase at Home Depot, or somewhere like that) and lined it with Mylar. You can buy the diamond Mylar and line the box yourself. That way I think you would get better usage from your light. My first grow room was a closet I emptied and lined with the diamond Mylar. Your grow light should give you directions on how high to hang above the plants during the different stages of growth.

1 Like

Hi @Racknpinion!

I’m late to the party. You have some really great advice here. My question would be, are you on a ground floor and what are your pots sitting on?

1 Like

You DONT NEED MYLAR. White paint has been shown to be almost as effective as mylar. And in many cases the better option. White does not reflect the infrared heat waves as much as mylar. Once you get above 85-90% reflectivity and few more percentage points is not gonna make a difference.

Rotate plants, increase light.

6 Likes

Yes I’m on the ground floor and they are on the floor .

1 Like

Is Mylar better than aluminum foil?

1 Like

YES! The ‘diamond’ Mylar is best because it is thicker, sturdier and due to the diamond pattern there are not “hot spots”. (I must add though, Rye is more knowledgable then I)

1 Like

If they aren’t showing improvement from all the helpful advice here, maybe they are cold? If you are in a place covered in snow/ice, like most of us, maybe just warm them up a bit. It might help, but it might not. I hope you have a great rest of the evening. We’d love more pictures! I would, at least! :star_struck: :v:t2:

1 Like

Thought…my containers were absorbing COLD through the cement / tent floor. I put blankets underneath and it made a BIG DIFFERENCE

3 Likes