1st auto grow All advice welcome

thank you ,I was doing it all thru out their growth , till a few of the girls started to flower, Now I’m not doing it anymore . I’ve noticed some of my girls leaves are turning yellow .I’m going to see if anymore turn or start to turn yellow then i’ll know if it’s a bit too hot for them or it was the water on their leaves. ( i’ve been trying to figure out how to upload pic’s so it’s easier to help w/ my issue’s) did you have a chance to read over my posting ? n do you have any more advice re: my set up ? thanx ahead of time !

forgot to add , the leaves that are turning yellow are all on the bottom of a couple of the plant’s.if that makes a difference.

My best advice is to keep it simple, at least to start. Training, topping, sure. if you have the seeds to experiment with and a tolerance for some possible failures, or stunted plants.
Let 'em go naturally, see how they grow, and then next run try some fancy stuff.

Also 100% on my Viparspectra 2000 light at 18" would fry my girls I use a light meter, and aim for about 15-20k lux so the light is usually at 50% or so at 18"…

Where are the yellowing leaves on the plants?

Hope this helps and happy growing!!

Don’t worry about yellow leaves at the bottom of the plant during flowering. Flowers draw all the energy upwards, away from those big leaves that it doesn’t need anymore, now that they’ve done their job. Cut them off so the plant doesn’t need to support them anymore.

Some cut off all the fan leaves (the leaves that grow directly from the main stalk) when flowering begins. If you have several plants, you can try that with one to see if you get better results. My preference is to just cut off the yellowing leaves as soon as you see them start to fade.

One other thing you can do judiciously during flowering is to cut any large fan leaves from the top of the plant that are shading lower flowers. Give the sun to the buds at the expense of the leaves if they are in the shade.

1 Like

thnx i’m like a new mama ,it’s my 1st grow w/ auto’s .I was getting really nervous when i saw the yellow leaves & yes i snipped them off i’m just not used to the girl’s being so small in comparision to photo plant’s .

First time grower w.w. auto outdoors what’s best medium and size grow bag?

thnx ! my girls are in the 6th week now since seed,their getting big . I found out the yellowing on my girls it was a mag. deficiency I used worm castings & I made a tea w/ molasses & liquid kelp & cal-mag .I ordered from Gaia greens 4-4-4- & 2-8-4- (rock dust came in the bundle ) but I don’t think I need, it so I’ll keep it for something else . I’m waiting on that so I’ve been using the worm casting’s n tea until it comes.