12/12 light schedule

I just switched a Gelato to flower, which is doing great. I am also growing auto flowers in the same tent. Does the photo plant need to stay on the 12/12 cycle for the duration of its life? Or can it be changed to an 18/6 cycle or anything else and stay in flowering to allow more light to the autos.

the more light, the bigger the harvest. Auto can survive with as little as 5 hours but if you want any decent return, pump up the hours as much as possible. If you are sharing a tent with photoperiod plants…you cannot go more than around 13 hours light / 11 hours dark…If you have separate growing quarters, they can take 24hrs of light

2 Likes

You have to keep the photo at 12/12 wich will negatively effect auto yeilds.

I have 1 auto and 3 photos in 18/6 that I am planning on flipping 12/12 this week. Would I be better taking the auto and putting it in a greenhouse or not that much diff at this point… It has not started to flower as of yet.

1 Like

unless that will SUBSTANTIALLY increase the amount of light…don’t waste your time. If you are just going to get another couple hours of light…the difference is negligible…If you are going to hit 20 hrs of light…then there will be a worthwhile difference

2 Likes

That’s what I wanted to hear… Sounds like good advice! Thanx.

1 Like