Trouble germinating Northern Lights + Big Bud Auto :(

I germinate all my seeds very similar, just no sandpaper. Sometimes, if I am digging out an old seed, I will add some sugars. My chamber has perfect temp, humidity, conditions for seed sprout. I get 90%+ and only lose an occasional seed. Usually it is genetic / bad to begin with. For some reason, only my HG seeds are giving me high failure rate. I just planted 6 more, 3 AK47, 3 Lemon - auto - only 1 seed popped. So that is now 4 out of 5 GG4 fail, 5 out of 6 alternates fail. Sorry but this is BAD %. Something has to be up with their seeds. I put 4 seeds from an older European provider I was using before I found HG and I had 100% sprout.

1 Like

:astonished:are you serious. Thats ridiculous I’ve never heard of the 10% before

I use a little kelp if mine are aged.
It contains gibberellic acid and vitamin B1
(Thiamine).
This can replenish older seeds.

1 Like

Thanks, will try. I usually just do the h202 but if I don’t see cracking in 48/60 hrs, I add the molasses. I will try this with kelp instead and try a few seeds with kelp from the get go. I will let you know the outcome. HG told me ALL THEIR SEEDS ARE NEW, NO OLD

2 Likes

Skyler, it is on the website

Sometimes the resin coat on the seeds will stop them from germinating. Some cultivars have exceptional hard resin. This is when I will scarify the seeds to make absorbtion easier and weaken the hull.
I can’t get my Himalaya Gold to germ if I don’t do this step. Others I don’t have to bother.
You have to follow a strict germination protocol for the HGCC guarantee , correct?

Yes. Takes alot of documentation. I still do not really understand the policy.
1 claim per order? So if I order 10 different strains, I can only make 1 claim?
Guarantee depend on number of non-germinated seeds. So does that mean I have to germinate HOW MANY? Dudes, they lost me big time there. 10-15% stash, more than 50% - if the “re-sent” don’t germinate you get points? Di d a lawyer write this up?

I purchased the seeds from HG. I emailed them about the problems I was having with those particular seeds. HG was very quick to reply but it was a generic response, go to our forum and ask for help. They did offer to replace any seeds that did not germinate. I declined the offer for more of those seeds. With limited space for indoor growing, I don’t want to waste time or space on under performing seeds. So far I have had great success with the other seeds from HG. My WW and Gelato germination was 100% and they are growing wonderfully. I just started some GSC autos with 100% germination. Overall I am satisfied with HG. Hope this helps. Good luck.

1 Like