Old seeds still good?

yes it is…that is a LOT…only a pinch is needed

That’s enough for all of us. My 2.5 oz bag has lasted for 5 years. Think salting a bowl of soup. Not melting the ice in the driveway.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: thanks, I’ll look for smaller amount. Right now I have my seeds in different medicine size plastic bags. So I just put a pinch in each bag, in dark (amber) jar & store where?

Thanks

some folks on ebay sell smaller amounts you could try there?

I do not like plastic as esters leak but if you put enough azomite in the bag to kind of bury the seeds, they are less exposed. Store seeds in the FRIDGE…for easily a year. You should always fridge your seeds for a min 3 days to imitate what winter does to seeds in Mother Natures gardens. I have Glass testubes…they came with pre rolls my wife buys from the dispensary…at least SOMETHING good comes out of the dispensaries…lol

2 Likes

Laughing my ass off right now. I do the exact same thing. I put my seeds into those glass preroll tubes.
They are great because you can write over the labels with a fine sharpie.

I still have a couple old plastic film containers. I mainly keep those for nostalgia and a couple grams for heading out rather than seeds these days.

Mike I never thought to use as azomite as a desiccant. That is brilliant. Officially changing how I store my seeds. There is always so much to learn from others.

I use old pill bottles then in mason jars work really well been doing it for year’s

1 Like

Don’t have any glass pre-roll tubes, but plastic black ones. Can I store seeds in those, then in mason jars in fridge??

1 Like

Yes not sure about the fridge though i store my seeds in my canning room stays cool

fridge is OK as long as you have a desiccant to absorb extra moisture. I store mine in the azomite, in the fridge, for over a year

1 Like