Kellogg’s Organic Garden soil

Thanks for the information. Maybe next time I’ll give it a try again because I have read so many good things especially about the Fox Farms Ocean.

BTW…I’m a great grandma :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dang girl, kudos to you and your family. I am the last of my family name and when I was 50 (now 68), met a younger woman. She wanted kids and I had 1 girl from a previous. I thought I was done but when love strikes you, you know it. She has bore me 2 boys, now 8 & 12. Unless my daughter, now 23. decides to get married and have children, I will not even see grandpa for maybe this lifetime. Cherish your children, family, loved ones. At our age, we know every day is a blessing and it GOES FAST!

4 Likes

@Kris Yay! a very Cool Grandma

1 Like

I was reading this thread n I have had pest issues since covid began, cant say if it was related, however cld u tell me about peroxide flooding?

1 Like

Yeah, it was me. You can goggle it. But basically you use diluted hydrogen peroxide to flood the root zone. Killing the larvae in it. I cant remeber the exact ratio now.

3 Likes

@Rye the ratio is 1/3 3% H202 to 2/3 H20. It’s the same as the sterilizing seed soak.

Only issue is it will also kill the good bacteria in the soil so you will need to inoculate again to bring the micro life back.

1 Like

The miracle grow potting soil every bag I’ve bought has had the gnat’s in it

1 Like

Has anyone ever tried the better home’s and garden compost went to Walmart the other day they had 6lb bags on clearance dollar a bag i got 20 of them it pretty good stuff no gnats

1 Like

2 Likes

LOL Mike, I got ya beat by 1 1/2 years. Seems about every 20+ years we kick out a new generation, my great grandkids are 3 & 5. Keeping up with preteens at 68? Wow…I’m impressed! I can’t imagine…

Take care, stay healthy & wishing you big buds! :slight_smile:

1 Like