K. Mac Alternative Growing Diary

Alternative because this isn’t your typical grow diary. I’m not just growing cannabis, I’m also growing other medicinal herbs and flowers to assist me in my healing process. I am listing scientific and common names, not because I’m trying to be fancy, but because I do have to take an exam or two and it helps me remember.

(First word: think of it like it’s identity aka First name, “I AM me,” hope that makes sense. Second: family name that ties you to all your cousins; can also signify geographic location, among other things)

So, starting fresh:

Grow Tent 1:

Harlequin x Kimbo Kush x 5 (CBD version)
Hawaii x Purple Skunk x 2
Long Cayenne Peppers (Capsicum annuum)

Grow Tent 2:
Gelato (feminized) x 5
Echinacea purpea
Meadow Arnica (Arnica chamissonis)
Sea Buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides) (great for the immune system)
Stinging Nettle (Urtical dioica) [feels like jelly fish stings to me; lasted all day when stung]
Great Blue Lobelia (Lobelia siphilitica)
Crocus (Crocus Longiflorus)
Serrano Pepper (Capsicum annuum)

I have started seeds for the following today:

Heirloom Hopi Tobacco (Nicotiana rustica)
French Mullein (Verbascum thapsus)
Holy Basil (Ocinum sanctum)
Orange Calendula (Calendula officianalis)
German Chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla)
Agent Orange (reg) x 3 (because I can’t stop myself; praying for boy)

For seed making:
1 cloned HPS female
1 cloned HPS male (so, Aleister decided he likes eating male plants and he tried to eat the pollen heads off, not sure this guy will survive, but we are trying; he is now out of reach, I hope)

PS: True to form, I’m sure I will edit this a bunch of times as I’m forgetting the technical stuff I need to add here, but will likely be tomorrow. It’s been a long day.

Link to USDA Plant Database: This is good to have before you willynilly plant outside. We all have the best intentions, but sometimes plants aren’t indigenous to our local areas and can do more harm than good. It’s good to be able to check these things, especially if your plants are endangered.

8 Likes

Beautiful!

I’m in for the duration :+1::v:

5 Likes

Thank you. :v: Ugh, the extra words I have to exhaust.

4 Likes

Wow beautiful plants all of them. I am a follower also.

5 Likes

Thank you. :heart_eyes: I was just staring at my pictures thinking some were repeated, but I think my eyes are too tired now to figure it out. Haha! I have no idea how I used to work 24 hour shifts.

5 Likes

@kmac03 keep it up. Everything is looking amazing.

3 Likes

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :v:

3 Likes

Hi How have you got on with the tobacco plant have you smoked it ? As tobacco is one of my biggest expenses at the mo if I can grow it would be cool thanks

3 Likes

Hi Stephen!

I have not grown it before, so I have not smoked it as of yet. The seeds I have are heirloom seeds and I received permission to plant them from a Native American Elder. I promise I’m not trying to sound extra, it’s just the right thing to do. Normally this version is smoked in Native American ceremonies. I will be using it as such, as well as to mix with my canna as it helps to clear out Lewy Bodies in the brain. I have to be careful with it as it is higher in nicotine than something you would purchase at the store, making it poisonous to pets and the like. It can be used as spray to prevent pests, too.

2 Likes

Watching this one closely. I too grow a ton of medicine crops.

3 Likes

This is a great reference on ways lost to us on making medicines from plants, like real medicines, aspirin, opiates for pain relief, various heart/blood pressure meds, anti inflammatory meds, as well as food stuffs e.g. pimmican, hardtack, Roman bread.

I also have a few other recommendations for reading, these a more of the philosophy and science behind foods, and some spiritual aspects as well. But they have amazing little tidbits tucked in various places amongst them.

The makers diet–Jordan Rubin

Making medicines, a brief history of pharmaceuticals—Ed Anderson.

3 Likes

Cool we don’t have anything like native Indians here unfortunately your lucky to have met some it will be interesting to see how you get on I bet it makes you cough like hell lol

3 Likes

Well, you are full of surprises, thank you. :star_struck: Thankfully, I do have the one by Mr. Anderson, it was one I managed to hang on to for some reason. Outside of that one, I will have to add the others to my list. One thing never changes no matter where “school” is: the amount of books and cost required. So many supplies… :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

We shall have to see, huh? This is a whole new experience for me. I’m pretty sure you could receive permission to plant, if you were so inclined. I’m not sure how your country would welcome it though, do you? Meaning, I wonder if it would be considered a controlled crop? I’ll look it up because I’m interested.

PS: I did find this.

3 Likes

I believe either @Darkheart420 or @Khatru has experience growing tobacco indoors. I seem to remeber seeing a pic of tobacco growing in one of the grows around here.

3 Likes

No tobacco grown by me bro …

3 Likes

Well, I’m overwhelmed with all the things I have to do before the doing of all the things. Like that? Awesome.

I felt it beneficial to share this because so many of us are recovering from being unwell and respiratory issues are taking precedence with so many. I am going to infuse raw honey with this sunshiney flower’s roots, elecampane. This is a good one to keep on hand if you have recurrent respiratory congestion. This flower, full of the sun, is also great for the digestive system, as well.

As noted by Juliet Blankespoor, elecampane is fantastic for the little ones and the infused honey can last for a long while. Elecampane is contraindicated for pregnancy and as always, it’s best to work together with your healthcare team when using any supplements and other herbal preparations.

I would not use a MB machine with this as it would ruin the botanical and raw honey’s medicinal properties. Add a little cannabis or CBD tincture to help with calming coughing and sore throats.

2 Likes

Lookin good! love it!

2 Likes

Thank you! Inserting extra words so I can pass this test.

1 Like

Feeling the harmonica and digeridoo lately. (Not at the same time)

2 Likes