It’s seeds time everyone 😊

Well, last night I saw a seed that was breaking out of its bract (calyx). That means they are getting ripe. I went to pick out just 1-2 seeds. Fast forward a few hours in a fit of gold sift refer madness, I had a pile. I was not off on the 1,000s this year seeds estimate. The birds will be happy. I don’t usually pollinate so many clones, but this year I had too much fun.

The trim bin is a life saver for catching seeds and scraping off the calyxes. What a handy tool.!

6 Likes

@Noddykitty between you and @CkNugz , you guys are making me SOOOOOOO jealous!

2 Likes

@Bushdoc

I trim the shit out of them. I am like Edward scissor hands w a blunt in his mouth. I can actually work scissors in both hands no joke. I am ambidextrous.

All joking aside it is really strain dependent. Some only need it once or twice the winter; and some seem to need it every 2 weeks. I let them grow into the lights and then I hack them down to just 1-2 nodes. Decapitation like a French revolutionist. I take a note (journal log) of the growth rate because it is a clue to how they will grow when you release them later. It is also why I do minimal lights and fertilizer all winter long. Otherwise they will challenge your trimming tenacity by growing too fast on you. When you plant them in the spring you will get 20-30 shoots when they explode with growth. I manage 5-7 main tops/branches and remove all the rest. Otherwise you will have a shit mess of overgrown jungle weed. Those make great clones to gift to friends or red wiggles to the compost bin.

2 Likes

@spudgunner ,
One of my clients sister lives near you just north of Vancouver. Anyway, she smokes and has a green thumb. She swears it’s safer to put a magnetic key holder in the bumper or a place deep into the underbody of the car. Than to mail. She had no problem going thru the border w seeds (and a key) in her hide a key. I am not advocating breaking international border cross (yes I am) laws, but if you and your wife ever had a reason to be in seattle, I would make sure you got that magnet key holder you forgot last time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Thanks for the offer @Noddykitty , one of these days we should head down to Tigard to visit her brother and his wife, since they can’t come up here (not vaccinated). I’d have no problem hiding seeds in my vehicle, nor fear.

I DID manage to find a seed place here, took the risk and ordered a week or so ago. Spent $100 on them, and about $120 on a heating pad and dome with a T5HO light. They arrived, popped 4 in the fridge over the weekend, in a glass Monday morning, they sunk on Tuesday, into paper towels. 6 hours later 2 Bruce Banner autos had cracked open. Wednesday the other 2 cracked (a 9-lb hammer and a dutch treat, both photos). So yesterday morning into jiffy pods. This morning, 1 BB and the 9-lb’re broke surface!

I remember in the 80’s crossing into Sumas…we’d smoke a joint on the way there and have the weed in a margarine container just under the driver’s seat! The US borders guys would sorta look at us and laugh and let us through. Coming home, Canadian customs is like Welcome Home, on you go! Container still under the seat, just not as full now!

I did have friends that would smuggle weed into Washington and bring blow back, even trade. The good ol’ days when BC Bud went for $4000US per pound. When Nancy used to say “Just say NO!”

2 Likes

In the 90sand early 2000s I paid for my stash breaking up pounds of beaster (bc bud). That’s what we called it. The good ole days ha.

I hate to say it but I like being in control of my destiny more than having to flip qps to get my medicine. Even if it was still the same $$.

2 Likes

True that. I’m too old to get busted and get my asshole stretched! I kept myself in free smoke for years just providing a service to adults only in our housing complex. Kept it small and fair, just enuff profit for mine.

Now I’m getting older, I am starting to use it more for general pain management and not just to get ripped and stupid! And with only 1 more week of work, I’ve found growing to be a great hobby! Wife always asked what I was going to do with myself when I retired…now she comes home and rolls her eyes when she sees me on this forum!

4 Likes

Nice choices, I grew a shit ton of that dutch treat back when I grew a lot of train wreck. That shit will do great outdoor for you. It is not a strain I see much anymore. I mentioned it to a young guy at the fish store recently and he just stared at me w a blank face. Said he never heard of it. (Guess I am getting old -er).

And 9lb hammer is some fire. It’s one of the last great ones TGA put out before subcool and miss Jill split and the fire (and dying later). It was a collaboration w subcool and jinxprroof. Jinxproof is still cranking out seeds locally using 9lb hammer and mothertongue crosses. I never tried it outdoor myself, but I heard good things. When I tried to get seeds it was right after subcool died and all his stuff ran out at the banks. I guess I should just do an order from jinxproof and get the original stuff.

I am impressed, those are some great choices. I am a bit jealous.

I’m glad you’re jealous @Noddykitty . Reading the descriptions of them made me want to 'em!

@Coco22 , you grew some Dutch Treat in September, how did those turn out for you? Did you do any fimming or lst on them, if so, how did they respond?

Well thats backwards…cloneing dureing flower adds alot time on veg with revegging …ifbyou clone right they clone just fine in veg take it from a med grower of 35years plus that dont ever keep mother plants .just run a perpetual grow non stop …

1 Like