Ice cream bean....BEAN...😎

… Found a bean… in the old days we called this a bag seed…:sunglasses:… Like its looks though… should I plant it??

2 Likes

Of course you should. I just found a little stash of bag seed, too. Two different bags. Hmmm.

Do you happen to like those MARS HYDRO stickers? If so, let me know where to send. I’m going to ask on another thread, too. :v:t2:

1 Like

I found some bag seeds last year. I grew one out and it ended up being one of my favorites. Im doing another one of the same seeds in my tent right now. So I would say hell ya! Grow it out👏

2 Likes

I grew nothing but bag seeds for about 3 years. Some of the best smokes I’ve had.

2 Likes

From a collection of ‘bag seed’ I grew last year, 4 plants produced seeds.
Since this is second generation Hodge Podge, how do I determine what they are?

1 Like

Well, I guess they are Hodge Podge. :v:t2: :rofl:

2 Likes

HELL YA…PLANT IT…A few years back I relocated,a lost,baggie of compressed brick Mexican pot…I threw some seed down; pulled the males; And Grew some nice size Mexican colas…The smoke was pretty good too…I feel that pot is always better loose then pull-apart bricks…
Just saying…

1 Like

I’ve grown bag seeds from Jamaica and have gotten seeds from those as well. Each “generation” seems to have stronger growing traits - healthier better-producing plants based on the same growing techniques. Not sure, but that tells me they’re adapting to their environment better with each generation. Maybe someone with more knowledge on this subject - @MDBuds perhaps? - could chime in on the validity of my statement.

2 Likes

@Bill that’s pretty much exactly what’s happening if you selectively breed the ones that are performing the best in the environment you have. Unfortunately with that style of breeding it can create what I call a “fair weather” strain. It’s perfect and grows amazing in your environment but changes in humidity or heat or contact with certain pests that they haven’t contacted before can be detrimental if grown in another environment.

It’s why I don’t like lab seeds and it’s also why I breed the way I do. Put them through hell in any environment I can create and breed the survivors.

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification @MDBuds !

1 Like

I will start the experiment with my ‘Estate’ grown beans this season.
80º Temecula at 10:30 this morning, it’s liable to be a brutal year here.

1 Like

@mdbuds I feel gelato is very temperamental…:sunglasses:

@CkNugz Gelato #33 is a very temperamental girl when feminized. The regular seeds are much better but still have the same issues just on a smaller scale. Gelato is worth it though and I would love to get some reg seeds soon so I can breed some more hardiness and vigor into it.

In a stable environment it’s easy enough to grow but for novice growers without climate control she can be a bit much. She likes it warm and humid but if it gets hot and dry or cold and dry she will show you how much she doesn’t like it. I want to get her bred to where she can handle extreme fluctuations in temperature and humidity without so much stress response. She’s already fairly resistant to molds and mildew so that’s good and she’s pretty resistant to pests. She just hates low humidity and extremes in temperature. Under 50f and over 90f with rh under 40% she’s likely to give up the ghost. Lol

@MDBuds the “Larry bird cut” not sure if this is the Larry bird… I know its gelato jv 219 I believe…or 209…, not from dinafem either which “Sherbinski” from the cookie fam’ says is the only real true gelato cut out there he approves… But starkiller is far out performing my gelato right now…:sunglasses:

@CkNugz Gelato #33 is the Larry bird cut and the “true” Gelato. Homegrown is the only place I have found seeds both fem and reg and what I have grown has been true to the cut.

Starkiller is great but I prefer the real killer. Pun intended. The killer strain aka Skywalker og is great.

@mdbuds Skywalker og is very good, actually one of my favorites… Yet according to “Sherbinski” the #33 and #45 were throwaways to him. If they were found it was either via bagseed or stolen… #49 aka (acai berry),
(#47 aka mochi),(#41 aka bacio), and Gello are the “True Cutz”…:sunglasses:

@CkNugz yet the “stolen” throw away #33 is still one of the best selling strains on the market. He’s just mad someone mothered his cuts and back crossed to make seeds. Lol

1 Like

@MDBuds that’s in his words via a Cannabis Now mag. interview he calls em “Fugazi”…:sunglasses: But I like the G#33 it’s a good smoke…

I’m with you on that MD buds. It doesn’t really matter what the real cut is or who said what or stole what. That’s all big business B.S. if it’s good it’s good. If they really cared about the culture of canibas and the healing of the plant. Then they would have freely shared those genetics and cuts to the people. All that Instagram nonsense of what cut is real and who did and first and all of the arguments people want to have over cuts and genetics are pretty comical and ridiculous. Love, share, grow,smoke and thy to thinks of ways to chill and heal and just be grateful that we get to be a part of the journey with this beautiful plant.

2 Likes

@Athan1982 exactly. It doesn’t matter who bred what first because the plant is for healing and medicine. I never liked that whole club exclusive cut only thing. Let people use your genetics to make their own crosses and medicine that works for them. There’s still plenty of people that will buy feminized seeds and clones because they don’t want to deal with breeding or they’re just not good at it.

All of my genetic are seed only. Mostly reg because I don’t like fem seeds too much but if enough people want me to feminize a strain I will. I don’t do the clone thing because I personally think seeds are better and trying to preserve your “cut” is just a ludicrous idea seeing as so many people know how to reverse and feminize these days there’s really no point in it. Although I can see the appeal for people to buy healthy clones if they just suck at gardening or always drown their seeds, it’s just not something I like doing usually.

Hell, I’d be happy as hell if someone thought my genetics were so good they wanted to use it in their own breeding projects. That’s the whole point really. To breed the best cannabis you can that people want to use as medicine and try to mimic.

1 Like