Growing with HCC seeds

What I have currently:

2 x CBD Harlequin x Kimbo Kush (in pots; blurple light area)
3 x Gelato Fem
3 x Candy Punch
4 x some other plants from another place ~ mixed with ginger, echinacea, marshmallow, spilanthes, skullcap, and lemon balm

All a 45/45/10 of Mother Earth coco, Fox Farms soil, and covfefe grinds. Room temp hovers around 78 with humidity at about 56-60 percent. If I go lower right now, they will protest because our A/C was just fixed yesterday and they are adjusting. Before flipping the lights in the big tent, I’m going to let them go another couple of weeks.

Things I have discovered: cannabis and ginger/marshmallow/spilanthes/skullcap/lemon balm love each other. I’m going to give it another go with some other random seeds to test again. Cannabis and echinacea do not love each other. Cannabis will take all their food. Again, I test things that make others uncomfortable, but I like companion planting. :slight_smile:

Bee balm, Lobelia, Cardinal Flower, Rosa Rugosa, Bodhi trees, Mimosa trees, and Sea buckthorn on the go. Along with Clary sage, Tulsi sage, Salvia miltiorrhiza, Calendula. I’m sure there is more, but I’m brain dead at the moment. (All started in coco, others with various substrates)

Let me know what you think. Thanks for looking.

5 Likes

I think your experimentation is very interesting.

I have only grown cannabis by itself, without any companion plants.

I always use one plant per container.

I always thought that mixing plants in containers together would cause competition for nutrients and root space, so I never considered it.

Keep us posted on how it’s going, and especially the results of your harvest!

3 Likes

I’m in testing for when I get my field.

Growing with companions cuts down on the need for pesticides and the like as the plants lend qualities to enhance it naturally as a defense and vice versa. In one of my ventures into research a while back, I had read in the 1930s male cannabis plants were planted in one field, veg, etc next to that and on the other side of veg/flowers/crops would be female cannabis plants. For years they had booming healthy crops. Makes sense to me. I live and work healthier when I like those that I’m around. Same energy.

2 Likes

I’ve been using companion planting for years in the garden, very successfully. I’m super interested in your experiment. Marigolds are one of my fav companions as well as basil. This year I had over 100 basil plants. Been wondering about what cannabis likes.

2 Likes

What kind of marigolds and basil do you have going? I can’t get enough of Holy Basil. Basil and cannabis are kin to each other. While studying, the thought occurred to me that maybe they would like to grow together, and they did. I wanted to grow a Hibiscus Sabdariffa with cannabis (they are also cousins; to include okra oddly enough), but I’m glad I didn’t. I’m about to post pictures and you will see why.

3 Likes

I just fed the ones in the big tent, hence the yellow glow, which will mellow in a couple of hours. I use Canna A & B, @ 500ppm to prepare for flowering. I have found for most plants, around this time 500 ppm seems to be the sweet spot. I have a feeling that’s about to change though. I’ve noticed our atmosphere has changed, requiring more watering than normal, even for my dogs. (Yes, the actual atmosphere)

I know in my previous post I said I was going to go another couple of weeks, but they are letting me know it’s about time. My plan was to extend it out a couple of weeks to allow for the extreme temperature changes up to now, but it seems I may have been too cautious. I’ll see how it goes by Friday.

For HCC grow:

2 x CBD Harlequin/Kimbo Kush

3 x Gelato Started with four, now down to three since my brain spaced and I put seedlings directly in the pot (don’t ask, I don’t know; Parkinson’s appeared)

3 x Candy Punch

Just got some new seeds in, but I will wait for the next full moon to plant. “Fruits above ground = full moon planting; below ground (ginger roots, ginseng, etc) = new moon”

I’m showing off what else I have growing. I have more herbs to plant, but I’m waiting for them to ship. You will see that the extra large plant outside the tent. That is Hibiscus sabdariffa, another cousin to cannabis. Every single part is edible and an excellent source of Vitamin C. Waiting for this one to flower, too.

I hope y’all are having a great day thus far!

Big Tent (Personal research with different companion plants in here)
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos

2 Likes

Mostly culinary phenos, globe, sweet, thai etc. Most of it I just use as a companion and let flower. I’ll grow any marigold I can get my hands on, and do some shady stuff to get them. My CURRENT favorite and long time love is French dwarf fire bombs.

2 Likes

Well, aren’t those gorgeous little things. :heart_eyes: (The flowers you mentioned) Did you post pictures of them in your other thread? I just harvested my one calendula head with some leaves. Haha! I’m so proud, though. She will go in my tea tomorrow in celebration. I have some others popping up. If I manage to seed my own, I’ll share a few seeds with you, if you wish? I’m hoping to procure some for my clinic and I’d be happy to share more then. When you are using shady practices to procure, please leave something in place of. :slight_smile: G-d/Universe/Energy/Physics = reciprocity and mirrors

I’m leaning more towards Traditional Chinese Medicine apothecary, mixed in with some folk medicine. I’ve seen the most progress in clearing out my brain following this practice, even though I’ve hit a slump, but that was poor planning on my part. I’m hoping to score some Schisandra chinesis as this is just the best medicine. I use it as pepper, in my tea, cooking, etc.

Feel free to post your flowers here. Are y’all eating them, using them as medicine, pest control, all of the above? Get some Tulsi Basil seeds. Be prepared for a huge spiritual clear out when you grow it. I thought it was one of those “Old Wive’s Tales.” Smells like heaven and tastes like licorice.

1 Like

Get a fluoride filter for your drinking water. Especially if you need more mental clarity. The difference is crazy after just a few weeks. I’m a true localvore. Most all of my consumption (75%) comes from within 1 mile of my house. Flour, sugars, salt, spices and yeast being the exceptions.

Having worked as a corporate and industrial chef for 2 decades I’ve seen our food production system up close, and in my opinion accounts for probably 25% of the health problems we face.

Always interested in trading seeds, any kind. I’ll try to get some more pics posted soon.

4 Likes

Amen, Brother. I’m with you in that. My hubs is a ‘chef’ too, just doesn’t have the degree. I used to live in a country where I had to source local ingredients weekly, so I was gifted with the realization that our food sources in U.S. are horrible and designed to make us sick, giving money to the system that was never meant to heal us at all. My daughter never had any allergies or health issues until I got divorced and brought her back to this country. My husband’s last visit: $167k and includes his helicopter ride out. I’ve always said his issues were food based. He doesn’t present normal and to look at him you would never ever say he was a cardiac patient. One day, I’ll tell you my theory in that if you are ever bored enough.

I’m with you in your quest, it’s what I intend to do, too. I think your percentage may be a little conservative. Many, many people in this country don’t go to the doctor at alI. I think we as a country are learning new ways, so it’s up to people like you to teach us, you know? Those moments when the student becomes the teacher. :slight_smile: My goal is very similar to yours, My Friend. I’ll list my seeds later tonight. It’ll be good for me to do so as it will force me into accountability. I’ll have no reason to not list/audit supplies/plants/seeds, etc. I hate numbers and I’m coming out of a migraine now so, I’m a little disjointed. However, a seed library sounds like fun!

1 Like

Today:

Tent 1: Culled the males (was contemplating more seeds). Females are vegging out a little more.
Another pheno from a galaxy far, far away x 3
CBD HKK x 2 are filling out nicely. (small ones hidden between the bigger; updated pics later)

Tent 2:
Another pheno from another galaxy far, far away x 2 (one mixed with rosa rugosa and spiderwort)
Candy Punch x 3 (seedling)
Gelato Fem x 1(seedling)
Hawaii x Purple Skunk x 3 (1 shot through already; two others popped and waiting to come through)

2 Likes

CBD Harlequin x Kimbo Kush

Not HCC

3 Likes

Beautiful, just beautiful.

1 Like

I like how you’re harmoniously growing many different things together.

It all looks so nice!

1 Like

Moved some things around. I dropped one of my Candy Punch seedlings the other day and I was concerned, but she seems to be recovering. I haven’t caught my groove yet mixing coco and canna, but I think I’m getting there.

All three Hawaii x Purple Skunk came out. I neglected to move them to the appropriate area, so they stretched a bit much. Starting correction this evening.

To recap for HCC purposes (all seedlings):

2 x CBD Harlequin x Kimbo Kush
3 x Hawaii x Purple Skunk
3 x Candy Punch
2 x Gelato

I’ve got cucumbers still going, they won’t stop, now Blue Vervain coming up (super excited about this; good medicine here). I also have a few seedlings coming up that I have no idea who they are (non-canna). It’s always a surprise party when Parkinson’s/Lewy shows up. :rofl:

It’s been a helluva week. Hope all of y’all are good.

3 Likes

i Googled this: Cannabis is one of eight genera in the Cannabaceae family. Others include Humulus , better known as hops; Celtis , or hackberry; Trema , an evergreen tree; and Pteroceltis, which includes the blue sandalwood tree. Other relatives include Lozanella, a South American vine; Gironniera , a deciduous tree; and Aphananthe, an evergreen tree found in the tropics.

1 Like

Pretty interesting stuff, huh? You should check out who the cousins are. :slight_smile: :star_struck:

out of Likes so LoL :v:

2 Likes

Not sure what that means, but I’ll take it. :stars:

1 Like

when i try to Like or :heavy_heart_exclamation: it tells me i am out of likes to try back in 12 Hours