Dramatic size difference wow

Currdog is correct. Now i want A bagel but I don’t have any cream cheese. Dammit

Thanks…next question…any special conditioning / type of H2O? Ph adjustments? anything else noteworthy?

And lastly…are they KOSHER?..

Mike,

Yep lye is one of the strongest bases know to man. It has a ph of 12.0 right into solution. Go light, think coffee creamer in a cup of coffee. It is loaded with calcium. In fish tanks we add it as a slow drip to not mess with ph.

To be honest my water 24 hours rest out of the tap is like 6.0 ph with a KH < 2.

If you have hard water maybe some ph down would be needed for sure. Excellent point I overlooked!

That is all we have in Vegas…hard like a rock…but we have plent water stores and I buy ro for .18 a gallon…I cannot make it that cheap

Fisher’s are actually getting to be collector’s items. They are all considered antiques.

1 Like

Currdogg, since you have the correct tools…:blush:

You don’t need a retort oven to make good char. Just put on a big fat log before bed and damp down the combustion air intake. Just so it’s cracked. You’ll get a nice bed of coals in the morning (as u know). But then scoop out those coals in the morning instead of throwing on a fresh log. To the metal can and I douse with water. Or if it’s hella cold winter time just let it chill out with the lid on.

Once you’re looking for is the soft crunchy coals that are crunchy like popcorn. If it’s hard nuggets like charcoal brickets it’s not as good.

The only bad thing is you have to Mary Poppins the chimney more. It is worth it to have piles of char.

1 Like

And four chainsaws to boot. What kind of trees are you cutting?