Dispensary problems! & other fun things!

Put your frustrations here!! Example: Like I got a quarter from curaleaf and inside the nickel was 20 seeds.

1 Like

I got some medical cannabis and the DISPENSARY is letting mildew laden cannabis be sold as top shelf!

1 Like

Makes you wonder how much governing agencies really watch out for us. How the hell does it passs inspection with MOLD…When we have shit like that here in Vegas, they call it -“FELL OFF THE TRUCK” stuff and it is sold way under market (not at dispensaries).But if you want to sell or provide to a dispensary, you gotta jump through $$ Hoops…

3 Likes

Are there different regulations between med and rec? Cannabis content acceptance specifically.

2 Likes

Do you mind me asking what brand it was?

1 Like

Depends on the locale. You have to look up the regs depending on where you are selling/trying to sell.

1 Like

We just went legal here in New Mexico. I’m in the medical program and have my Personal Production License. I just got a letter from the state telling me I no longer need a PPL to grow…wow. I can have 6 mature and 6 immature. More permissive than what I could do with a PPL. I’m not sure about the rest of the legislation. I know the folks not in the med program can legally now have it at their house, they just can’t buy in the state yet.

3 Likes

That’s like a breath of fresh air. Must be nice to not feel so micro-managed. No inspections?

1 Like

With the PPL they always said they had the right under the NM law inspect your site. I never heard from them the 2 yrs I had a license. They aren’t requiring a license for growing with legalization. I had heard they were going to require growers to have one, but they aren’t at least for now. They are setting up a committee to hash out what they want.

2 Likes

Here in NM the dispensaries have their own farms. I’m not sure who does their inspections. The state runs the medical program. I have no idea what this will look like when fully legal. It is very worrisome that your dispensary sold you that claiming it had been inspected.

2 Likes

Regulating, controlling, inspecting cannabis is just wrong. It’s a plant. It should be as regulated as lettuce. Homegrown, even crappy rained-on harvested-too-early weed is better than sterile dispensary product, which is missing the important love component. My dream is to grow enough that I can hang out in the dispensary parking lot and hand out free eighths to people who drive away.

6 Likes

I agree with the general sentiment. However, we all know not everyone keeps things in such a way that others won’t get sick, based on what we are all living now.

What’s clean to me and what’s clean to you is subjective. When people are going through chemotherapy, taking prescribed immuno suppressant drugs, cardiac drugs, etc., the chance for death is greater since they don’t have an immune system, it’s like their Inside is completely exposed to the Outside, allowing the Germ soldiers directly through the Gates of our Wall of Protection (skin: first line of defense).

In other words, just go roll around in something contaminated with your mouth and eyes open, if it makes the concept easier to understand.

Where is the Happy medium?

2 Likes

@CkNugz we’re fortunate in Arizona and have some of the best priced Medical and Rec. Dispensaries ever. right now it’s Medical Card is $260.00 oz’s Top Shelf and with card you can also purchace the Rec. weight also. So, if you really want to spend money you can walk out the door with a Quarter Pound. Stores are Rich. i can’t believe no crook has robbed one yet. you can feel the static. Money Everywhere. People all looking at each other like, Ok Where’s The Crazy Gunman with one of those oozie woozies? i don’t go, if i get killed i want to be at or near home. But if you like buying legal weed, Arizona is the place to be. as a grower of up to 6 grown plants 12 with two med. cards and as many seedlings as you can pop choosing 12 as they don’t count over breeding rights. Also, here you can give anyone an ounce of weed so long as you don’t take a cent for it and darn sure not a dime. Way Cool in my opinion. Dispensaries, naw not my type of deal. i always leaned towards and liked Hidden Folks in Hidden Places. and My Privacy

3 Likes

@Bushdoc i’m with bushdoc, if the government is eyeing weed up and down then legal is just a tax term. and where i live (Arizona) the state is real lenient here. still any regulation of a plant or plant substance is stupid. it creates tax but there’s still just as much weed sold out there from high school thru college and on up that others grew in big unknown grows. regulation drives prices up on $PURPOSE$

2 Likes

Washington is pretty wacky. When they made recreational legal in 2012, they squeezed out all the medical places that had been around since about 96. There weee clones for sale at every Sunday open air market. Now you can’t even find one on Craigslist or you will be arrested. Essentially a forced shut down of all the medical places because Washington state limited the number of rec licenses they were going to allow state wide. Everyone else had to fuck off. And to get into the lottery to win rec licenses it was a $50,000 application fee. Kiss my $50,000 ass that’s what I wanted to tell the state. Before rec, A home grower could take their harvest to any one of the medical shops. They would put it in their vault and have it sent out for testing. If they liked it they would give you a price you could take it or leave it. If they didn’t like it they would return your stash to you no harm no foul. It was great. Like a free market. Now rec (wreck) dispensaries can only buy from the state sanctioned lottery winners. Everyone else is considered illegal.

But the worst part is they don’t allow home grows at all. Unless you pay for your green card, and agree to have Wi-Fi cameras on your girls at all times that the state can access at their leisure. And agree to unannounced home inspections. Outdoor is supposed to have a locked 10’ fence that they have a key copy to. WTF, Who is goi going to sign up for that. My understanding is they currently have 0 people in that program.

To me I don’t feel it’s legal until I can get a 10 foot plant on my front porch in a planter with a big ass American flag waving in the wind in front of it. That’s when I will count weed legal. And I totally agree with you @DollarBill, legalization was all about driving up the price. And allowing certain connected business men to fuck over everyone else.

The only good thing I can say about the dispensaries is it is a great way to sample new strains without committing to a full grow of it. I could do that under the old medical system before too though. Without the state backed cartel telling me no no no at home. Sorry for the rant.

2 Likes

The recreational dispensaries in my state haven’t opened yet. Don’t have any idea what that’s going to look like, except that they allow localities to opt out of allowing dispensaries and social clubs. And my small town of course is proposing to opt out. There’s a meeting about it coming up.

The medical ones you can only pick between 2 of the commercial brands. Top shelf strains such as “sativa” and “indica”.

1 Like

@Noddykitty yeah, that just plain sucks for a lot of states. stupid rules created by people playing stupid. i’m saying it as i see it. Stupid money hungry state politics. Stupid in politics usually defeats honest reasoning with their experience of playing stupid on us. it actually dubs us down to comformity by allowing a little or some. a friend passed us some weed today legally up to One Ounce and that’s ok i guess. but if he wants to give me a pound of his Greatful Breath he grew this year, it shouldn’t be anyone’s business but his and mine. i even go to say outloud, if he wants to sell me a pound it should be our private thing between us. what happen to all those old songs like, Mine Ya Own Bitness and You Won’t Be ah Mett’n in Mine

2 Likes