Defoliation advice

Cool, sounds like a plan. Gonna hit the store tomorrow and see what I can come up with. Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it. I’ll lyk how its coming along.

I’m running three identical sisters, and one has aged much faster than the others. They’re autos, and the only notable thing that happened is a bit of transplant stress which likely damaged root hairs as the root ball crumbled during handling. That plant went into maturation overdrive from then on. Wondering if we might be seeing something similar here with the fast maturing hairs?

1 Like

Could be. Man, I just can’t wait for this grow to be over lol. 8 plants in a 4x4 is way too claustrophobic. I never transplanted past the solo cups, straight from cup to final pot. Next time I’m gonna start from seed in their final pot. What sucks about some maturing faster is harvest because I use the same tent to grow and dry so its a dilemma of when to cut.

3 Likes

I feel you. I tried that drying in the tent bit. The tent was tied up too long. That’s why I built a dedicated nursery/dry box. Just put seeds in to soak this morning. I’ve got the nursery pots prepared and waiting. They’ll be just about 3-4 weeks in the nursery before moving to their big pots and big girl tent. The day I chop the crop in the tent now, the next will be 3-4 weeks old already. That’s a ton of time with autos.

1 Like

Nice. My plan is to do something similar with the grows once my grow room is finished. Still just bare studs now

What is the spider web looking stuff on the flower with the pistils turning… Looks too early for resin rails… So I would guess dog hair or spiders. Compared to the other flowers this one seems turning… Looks healthy but something agitating it.

Yeah its probably a cat hair, idk. Ill have to check it out when the lights come back on

Yep, hair. If you’re growing in a tent, might consider a carbon treated prefilter. You can buy a roll and cut a chunk to fit over your air intake. My roomie is a Labrador. Hair control is part of the deal….

Well that probably got in there when I opened the tent. I do hvac and I do have a good filter on there, an Aprilaire 4 inch thick filter thats like 20x25". Way overkill for the 8" hole its attached to but I won’t have to change the filter for years lol. Once I get my grow room set up I can control the environment so much better and the tent will be for drying only

Ok, so I got some cal-mag and top dressed with worm castings. I put a good amount of the worm castings on top because I read its ok to use a lot. Today I noticed 3 of my plants are all messed up. What do you think about these pics from 3 plants? The 1 is just starting and not as bad as the other 2

@TolkinWhite did you check pH of the calmag and water? How many days has it been since you used the calmag?

No. I know my water is always 5.9-6.0. I don’t even have ph up/down because i always thought that was a good range. I used it on Friday night What about light burn?

@TolkinWhite 5.9 to 6.0 is fine for water but adding calmag will raise pH. Did you remember to just do a .2 ec for the calmag solution?

That doesn’t look like light burn. That looks like possible lockout and calcium deficiency.

1 Like

Absolutely. Then I also remembered I dont know what that means and I don’t know how to measure it lol. I do know it means electrical conductivity, right? But on the bottle it didn’t mention ec, just ph so I went with it. So how would I know its .2 ec? And I know this is gonna make me sound stupid but I didn’t shake the bottle well and after I used it I saw “shake well” written real small down the bottom. Just can’t win lol. Do u think I should add more now? The bottle says 3-5ml a week

.2 ec is roughly 100 ppm. You use an ec/purity meter to measure or a ppm meter. You should always check pH when using liquid fertilizers in water too. Calmag will raise pH out of range for coco and you will need to use some pH down with it.

It’s currently a bit late to pH the calmag solution now though. Lol

Now the correct path to correction is to just check substrate ph and get it back in range. Normal waterings should help fix it if pH didn’t go too high and it will help flush some of the calmag in the root zone if you used too much accidentally. What brand of clamag did you use?

Looks like some lockout… Or When the lower leaves eat themselves that fast at this point they are still requiring nitrogen that is not in the soil. Pretty common… usually about 1/6 do it to me late flower and it’s always the smaller pot that needed an extra top dress.

“Sometimes”, all the time; less is more…:sunglasses:

1 Like

Lollipop her will help feed your nice coloas

You don’t think it’s too late for that?

Na should be OK those little limbs wont produce much anyway I call them suckers they suck all nutes from your bigger buds