Black Cadillac Auto grow failed! ... Purple Dawn Photo

It’s been a great journey since earlier this year when I started growing autos. I’ve learned so much and have greatly enjoyed checking out everyone’s grows on here! Hopefully this will turn out well. Im starting a full new setup and strain. So don’t really have a baseline. Guess this will be that.
The setup…
Vivosun 3x3 tent
Spider Farmer SE5000 LED (480w)
Spider Farmer temp/humidity control 4in vent fan
Govee Smart Plug (light timer)
Govee wifi temp/humidity meter
TBI Pro 6L humidifier
2ea Cheapo Comfort Zone 6in fans
5 gal fabric pots
Mother Earth Coco+Perlite 70/30
Vegamatrix starter pack and Plant Success Great White Mycorrhizae for nutrition and root health
For this grow I’ll be trying out Black Cadillac Auto. My goal is 8 ozs from three plants and alot of beautiful black coloring. Should be easy enough? Time will tell… Ive soaked seeds for 10 hours in glass of sink water. Yup R.O. system in works…but it’s sink water for now. The seeds are now on ceramic plate in towel. Ive placed in dome with heating pad for humidity. I will check back in when seeds sprout! Meanwhile, I’ll sit back with some GMO Cookie from the last run.

the products listed are just of my preference from my experience… I do not endorse in any way… just what I want to try

4 Likes

Co2? Any suggestions on a fairly cheap setup? And do I have to seal the tent up to run co2 bags or similar? I rather leave it open. Obviously not going to get the 1000+ ppm open but would it be worth it to use anyway?

3 Likes

In that size tent it will only add cost. CO2 and Rh issues - needs 82°F + to become effective and a sealed environment. If your VID is good, that will take care of everything…a little airflow, a little ventilation and they will do fine

3 Likes

And to be clear… what do you mean by VID? Not sure I recognize that acronym

2 Likes

Nice setup! I had seen the new inline fans but I didn’t know Spiderfarmer had a controller now too. It looks absolutely identical to the AC Infinity. They must both be getting them from the same factory in Taiwan. Or maybe they’re the same company now. Interesting. I love mine, the controller runs my intake fans.

I think @Mrb53004 might have meant, “VPD” or “vapor pressure deficit”. It’s a measure of your temp+Rh. There’s an ideal range for cannabis, and there’s a chart you can look up.

3 Likes

3 germed. Wooo

1 Like

CO2 is not NEEDED id prefer better air flow/ventilation id sooner buy an extra fan just my opinion mother earth supplies all CO2 you’ll need

3 Likes

Yeah, guess I see the big dogs running co2 and want my buds to be that fat.

3 Likes

I have to agree with @Dkershey1 - I think you’d get better results from adding an intake fan over the CO2. It won’t be as effective though if you run with the tent doors open all the time, but that would also be true of the CO2.

If you want bigger buds, there’s plenty you can do in terms of plant care. If you’re not already maximizing that part, CO2 isn’t going to be able to help you that much.

Make sure she’s in peak health heading in to flower, with plenty of room for the roots to grow for another 2 months. I always transplant before flower into a fabric pot that’s at least double the size. Use the “schwazz” node pruning technique and remove all nodes below the very growth tips of each branch, and then flip the lights that day. Then she won’t have any “larf” nodes sucking energy away from the main colas.

3 Likes

@CurrDogg420 i agree i think fresh air flow is all you need

2 Likes

I do have another inline fan… I think I can run two on one controller… ill give that a try… limited on mounting space in this tent though… or not. Mounted up and they will run off one controller. But should I have one pull fresh outside air or both exhuast?

4 Likes

You could always mount everything outside the tent an just put the filter in

3 Likes

Yes i agree with @Hippy1978 and i would pull fresh air in if you can might not be able to from temperature outside though

2 Likes

I don’t run filters… love the smell and the fan is almost the same price… so if it burns id just replace… ive kept most I can think of out of the tent… I did have a screw up last night when I was messing with installing the fans… I tipped the cups with the sprouts… two I was able to recover… the third mia… :thinking: on the lighter side… my PAX 3 just arrived!! Super stoked!!

3 Likes

Dude, you obviously have a fixation with CO2. You will not be happy until you try it.
GO FOR IT and share with us your harvest, I mean share with us the results after your harvest :-).

2 Likes

Thing is… I work on a farm. So now I see that shit and am wanting to duplicate on smaller scale for my personal enjoyment. Seems will be easier to manage for me becuase I live it. When I go photo next grow I’m going to do a co2 setup… still no sprouts above the surface. Maybe tomorrow???:thinking:

Jar 'o larf
Usually get tired of a strain by now but these GMO Cookies are still a favorite… something about the extra attention and time invested just adds flavor… and when you see someone else try it and make the fuck yeah face… its priceless. I love this shit

2 Likes

Well… lol never happened. Can’t win them all. Supplies never arrived and I messed up and spilled my little sprout cups… BUT… we shall try try again. Going with a setup more familiar to me and going photo as well. Ive had a great time with autoflowers but … idk just doesn’t make sense to me anymore. O and still have a co2 fetish… so… that will be a thing.

Ps… have a new pax 3 for trade for a couple pretty clones or teenies?? Idk figured I’d throw it out there… Ill be sticking with my bong.

2 Likes

want to trade for some seeds?

2 Likes

Well, Black Caddy turned to Purple Dawn … but got two sprouts and hopefully will not goof this one up. Still using coco did switch to Ventana for nutes… I have high hopes for this grow. The extra tall sprout crawled out the seed shell and started to sprout on the napkin. Lol. I was at work… but yeah, she is very ambitious.

1 Like

@Mrb53004 you brought up VPD … so there is a veg area… a flower area… and a stress area (referring to the chart)… if you are in there grey is that still considered ok just not preffered or?

1 Like