Beginner Misconceptions

Hahaha @ pine trees!

I sort of made my own soil/amendments using previous coco and FF, a bit of sand, sometimes covfefe grinds, not much. Just depends on the pheno and what else I’m growing with my plants. I’ve recently started using biodiverse farming techniques as I also grow other medicinal herbs/edible flowers and had an awful time with fungus gnats last go round.

1 Like

I have been thinking about adding other plant to my tent like succulents and different Spices and things like that as well. Maybe even peppers. I look for to getting a new recipe from @organigrower0624 I think he will have something to link me to tomorrow

I had a whole indoor farming project going, then I lost it all. It wasn’t just fungus gnats, 2020 happened is all I can say. I should be on my own farm by now, but this is where I am now. The secret sauce is researching your plants: what is the climate like where they grow, who are their cousins? What’s the dirt like, etc. Mimic the environment as best as you can and know you will stumble, otherwise how will you learn?

1 Like

Lol Oh I’ll find all the mistakes first lol :slight_smile: But yes, That’s definitely something to take into account when considering indoor tenting. & growing multiple strains in one tent!!

@LuckilyCharmed I think a proper living soil would be best. Just water seed to harvest and no need to worry about nutes. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. That way you can learn growth patterns and micros slowly and have time to fix things. It’s always easier to add something to soil than to take it away.

3 Likes

I got Sohum, FFHF, and some miracle grow lol

1 Like

@LuckilyCharmed I’ve never used sohum. I always just either made my own or used Nature’s Living Soil to amend some store bought organic soil.

This grow I have going now doesn’t do my living soil justice because I was testing the strain genetics and resistance to extremes in temperatures and how they responded to nutrient surpluses and deficiencies.

They’ve passed every stress test I have thrown at them with flying colors so far and no hermies.

Hell, I even let my crop get some fungus gnats and even that isn’t stopping them. No RH adjustments either and still no molds or mildew.

They definitely weren’t lying about the strains on the website when they said resistant to pests and molds.

I’ll be doing a few Blueberry X Big Devil autos and Critical purple autos with my winter grow and this time I’m not going to stress test them. I’m just going to let them grow like normal and take care of them proper and see what they can do in a “perfect” environment.

Everything I have done to these plants would have killed lesser genetics. :joy:

@

That is pretty damn awesome I guess the best way of learning would be basically try and make every mistake and see how resilient they are to them, can you recommend a stain of each type for me. need to be beginner strains. wth med high yields and will grow in almost anything? I want to grow 1 Indica, 1 saliva, 1 indica dom hybrid and 1 sativa dom hybrid

1 Like

@LuckilyCharmed for a beginner strain pure indica I’d go with afghan kush it’s easy to grow and can survive almost any environment as long as it is watered and doesn’t get frost, pure sativa there really isn’t much out there and if you can find a pure sativa they’re pretty hard to grow because they eat a lot and get huge but a good mostly sativa one for beginners is Jack herrer and it’s pretty hardy, as far as hybrids go a good indica dominant hybrid is white widow and it’s pretty easy to grow, and a good sativa dom hybrid that’s easy to grow is orange skunk.

3 Likes

All of which are great choices and tasty flavour . Thank you brother I be sure to add each one to my list

1 Like

@MDBuds @LuckilyCharmed @kmac03 the best grow per ounce i ever produced indoor was with all i could get at the time. So, i put about four inches of washed sand and rock at the bottom of the buckets with silly Walmart Expert Potting Soil. They had Arm Strong Buds you know like 24 inch Hogan Pythons. :laughing: i still do it, just Don’t tell no one. Sometimes i just get lazy and pissed off at Medium Companys :grin: Dang Dirt Crooks Keep Your Bugs

Home of The Brave and The High :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I want to like your post but I’m still all out of ‘likes.’

1 Like

@kmac03 liked you anyway got to head for a all day Wild Pony Ride i see a beautiful Sun now! bye

2 Likes

ADCRAG a good thing is add Perlite it will aerate the soil great . you can also use clay stones

3 Likes

Thanks , @gwags69 . Appreciate your input

2 Likes

@gwags69 and @Adcrag pelletized pumice works great too if you can’t find perlite.

2 Likes

Thanks @MDBuds. Still struggling with RH 43% / 72° Overnight with the Light on. I put A wet towel in the tent and a jar with some water in it will see what it does , thoughts

Have a great day

2 Likes

@adcrag you did the wick method?

That works pretty good especially if you have a fan in front of the wicking towel. It also cools the grow area a little so I’d keep an eye on temps too.

43% rh isn’t bad though since you’re going into flower. Veg you usually want at least 50% rh but since you’re budding soon not a big deal. I keep RH between 30 and 50% during flower and 43% falls in that range.

2 Likes

@MDBuds i hate Nats pop pop pop pop

!