About the Beginner category

Growing marijuana, for the first time, need not be challenging. If you are unsure or have questions, you have people from all over the country who could give you valuable tips. Not only that, but Homegrown Cannabis Co. also has expert cultivators who could guide you. All you have to do is find the appropriate category and ask questions. You could also learn so much more from the experiences of other people.

19 Likes

Hi all , i have a problem with stunting branches are to close , possibly less than 1”1/2 between them ,the leaves now have purple veining stems and is all a very very light green. They’re growing in coco/perlite & using an A&B nutrients 1200ppm 600w hps in a grow tent.
Ph 5.8.
I learned to check the run off ppm and it was high 2400ppm so i flushed until back to 700ppm.
What ppm should the new level of nutrients be mixed and added at & should they be fed everyday as before if the nutrients build the same again? Thanks.

Hi there Digzy just wanted to say high there. Unfortunately i cant awnser your question but i am sure someone will be along son to help you out.

Hey my first auto grow don’t know what strand

2 Likes

I use fox farm products and in my opinion I think that soil is very forgiving and I run my ph in the 6-7 range and I don’t try to get the same number so the plants will take different nutrients from this. I get good harvest and I hope whatever you go with you are happy. I get my supply I E tenths and lights from HTG growing supply and they are good to me never a problem. Hope this helps. Stay safe and grow happy

2 Likes

Wow that’s beautiful, I live in Louisiana and want to try but I think a clone is better to start with for a beginner, right or seed?:rofl::rofl::rofl::raised_hands:t5::raised_hands:t5::raised_hands:t5:

Hello,
I could swear I posted this already , apparently not :thinking:side effects of :dash::grin:
Here is the thing , I have this auto Zkittles that was close to be sacrificed until I posted here.
I washed the girl with Recharge , dried then 2 more ph corrected washes.
Now the girl is back with avengace.
Looks very healthy , lots of buds but I have noticed a festival of new pistils, she was born 2/9 will be 90 days first week of may .
I have reveg ptsd , not sure if the plant is trying to reveg … help

!

2 Likes

Hi their I’m thinking about growing my own bud not sure how to go about it I see they have those pot for pot is that a good way to go for a beginner

Thank You Gareth.
Being that I’ll be attempting my first indoor cabinet grow (Auto Feminized), I’ll be trying to post here for all the great insight I have already read that made me decide to sign up. I read of some great people and I rather learn it here then on You Tube were I’ve already wasted countless weeks searching for thing’s that are already here. I’ll be reading and posting in the next week and hope to chat with all the willing people worthy of asking for help. Thanks for making this web site a rewarding experience prior to my first grow, Keep up the good work!

Rene :star_struck:

2 Likes

Hi I’m a beginner too and I got a clone from a friend. I transplanted it in a large pot but am growing it outdoors. It is doing great!! I have so many buds, I have been trying to trim back the larger leaves that don’t have buds with them. I’m going to start feeding this week.! It seemed much easier than dealing with seeds, which you buy and then don’t know if they are going to work.

Trying to show a photo of my plant but I just get the link…

Ha, the photo appeared when I posted !!!

IMG_0634
I agree with your fox farm soil. It is our first real grow and second week of flowering and we are using fox farm nutrients and soil. The Fecida lights are working great, but the problem we are having is they are getting taller than the lights.

1 Like

@Rob Do you happen to use any nutrients during any stage? We did with our photo period and amazing until we found out it was a male. We just recently got some Black Jack auto seeds and had issues with our plant. We just flushed it today and it seems to be reaching again. With autos, I know they change stages rapidly. Open to ideas